cb - signing up for the last day

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

cb - signing up for the last day

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:53 pm

i got a cb but can only sign up for the last day they offered (end of august). do you think i am hurting my chance of an offer?

Anonymous User

Re: cb - signing up for the last day

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:56 pm

Based on the callbacks I've scheduled, my guess is you're only being offered the last day for your school. Plenty of schools don't even begin OCI until near the end of callbacks. It thus likely won't hurt you as much as scheduling for the true end of OCI, like late September or something, but it's obviously not ideal. Rearange your schedule if it's a firm you really want, but late August is still mad early for most every firm.

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:21 pm

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:05 pm

If we're in the same situation as TS, would it be advisable to call back the recruiting coordinator and ask if they can reschedule us for an earlier slot? I'm scheduled at the end of the month as well, and would like to go sooner, but am unsure if calling would be seen as hassling them.

Postby 270910 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If we're in the same situation as TS, would it be advisable to call back the recruiting coordinator and ask if they can reschedule us for an earlier slot? I'm scheduled at the end of the month as well, and would like to go sooner, but am unsure if calling would be seen as hassling them.

It can only help you to get in sooner, and I'm sure recruiters are used to lots of changes as the progress moves along. But what month are you talking about? End of September is one thing, end of August is another. A lot of law schools haven't even begun OCI yet...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:22 pm

disco_barred wrote:It can only help you to get in sooner, and I'm sure recruiters are used to lots of changes as the progress moves along. But what month are you talking about? End of September is one thing, end of August is another. A lot of law schools haven't even begun OCI yet...

I'm less concerned about other schools, and more concerned with competition from fellow classmates.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:11 am

I am in a similar situation as the OP. I scheduled a callback for mid September because I didn't want to miss class. I now realize that this was a stupid idea. I am really interested in the firm, and I would be willing to pay my own way there and back so the firm doesn't have to take on any extra cost because of me. Would it be a good idea to try and reschedule for an earlier date, or is it frowned upon/not worth it?

Postby 270910 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:I am in a similar situation as the OP. I scheduled a callback for mid September because I didn't want to miss class. I now realize that this was a stupid idea. I am really interested in the firm, and I would be willing to pay my own way there and back so the firm doesn't have to take on any extra cost because of me. Would it be a good idea to try and reschedule for an earlier date, or is it frowned upon/not worth it?

Depends on the firm. If it's a firm that will be done making offers by next week, going earlier would be prudent. If it's a firm that won't begin doing callbacks until mid September, it will be irrelevant. If they don't have any earlier slots, it will also be irrelevant. Call and discuss it live with recruiting.

Return to “Legal Employment”