Texas Markets - OCI Results

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Texas Markets - OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:V&E snail mail ding

Ding from CB, or from screening interview?

Got dinged at Gibbs & Bruns. Haven't heard from Yetter Coleman, assuming dinged.

I haven't heard from Yetter either, and the guy who did our interviews is out of the office until the 8th. I emailed the recruiting chair to follow up, but no response yet. I don't think you're dinged -- the guy said they'd be slower than other firms and they'd tell people around labor day.

Sorry you got dinged at Gibbs.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:39 pm

post-CB ding V&E Houston

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

post-CB ding V&E Houston

Sorry to hear. If you don't mind PM'ing me, I'd love to ask a few questions.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:44 pm

I know that AK has extended some offers. What other TX firms have extended offers?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:51 pm

Fulbright Dallas

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

post-CB ding V&E Houston

Sorry about the ding. Could you let us know how long it took to receive the ding?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:15 am

any baker botts offers?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:19 pm

Has anyone who went to the mass Locke Lord Houston CB on August 31st received an offer or heard of anyone receiving an offer? I believe that the second mass CB is taking place today. Perhaps we will hear something this week.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:27 pm

Still nothing from Yetter Coleman?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Still nothing from Yetter Coleman?

still waiting

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:15 pm

Baker Botts ding by email, Bracewell Giuliani ding by snail mail.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Baker Botts ding by email, Bracewell Giuliani ding by snail mail.

Sorry to hear that...Was your Baker Botts ding post-CB?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Baker Botts ding by email, Bracewell Giuliani ding by snail mail.

Sorry to hear that...Was your Baker Botts ding post-CB?

No, but BG was.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:10 pm

Any movement with Fulbright Houston?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:11 pm

Any movement at HayBoo Dallas? Been two weeks since screener...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone who went to the mass Locke Lord Houston CB on August 31st received an offer or heard of anyone receiving an offer? I believe that the second mass CB is taking place today. Perhaps we will hear something this week.

I have a CB tomorrow, fwiw

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone who went to the mass Locke Lord Houston CB on August 31st received an offer or heard of anyone receiving an offer? I believe that the second mass CB is taking place today. Perhaps we will hear something this week.

I was at the 8.31 cb...no word yet. Any thoughts? How many more cbs do you think llb&l houston are going to have? If each cb has about 20 people for approx 20 spots, do you think they'll have more than just the cb tomorrow?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I was at the 8.31 cb...no word yet. Any thoughts? How many more cbs do you think llb&l houston are going to have? If each cb has about 20 people for approx 20 spots, do you think they'll have more than just the cb tomorrow?

I got the impression from that they only offered the 31st of August and the 8th of September. I am assuming that they called back 50 ppl in total. My guess is that they'll extend offers to 50% and then 50% of that 25 person subset will actually accept. I also got the impression that they were going to bring on 12-15 2Ls.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:15 pm

I got dinged by TK in Dallas. I am a little miffed b/c I really liked TK and have received CBs from BB, FJ, and VE.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:14 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I got the impression from that they only offered the 31st of August and the 8th of September. I am assuming that they called back 50 ppl in total. My guess is that they'll extend offers to 50% and then 50% of that 25 person subset will actually accept. I also got the impression that they were going to bring on 12-15 2Ls.

Not sure what's going on with LLB&L Houston. I know of classmates that were dinged after screening interviews. I haven't been dinged or received a CB. I'm guessing they have a reserve for more CBs should they not have enough accept from these 2 mass CB days.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any movement at HayBoo Dallas? Been two weeks since screener...

I haven't heard anything from them and neither has anyone else at my school who interviewed (that I know of). My screener was over three weeks ago. Seems strange since all the rest of the Dallas firms are moving and offers are starting to come in.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:31 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any movement at HayBoo Dallas? Been two weeks since screener...

I haven't heard anything from them and neither has anyone else at my school who interviewed (that I know of). My screener was over three weeks ago. Seems strange since all the rest of the Dallas firms are moving and offers are starting to come in.

They have to figure out what's happening with the 1L's from Fast Track first, so that's probably why they're slower.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:37 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

They have to figure out what's happening with the 1L's from Fast Track first, so that's probably why they're slower.

That makes sense. Is there a deadline for the Fast Track people to get back to them?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

That makes sense. Is there a deadline for the Fast Track people to get back to them?

September 20th.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:That makes sense. Is there a deadline for the Fast Track people to get back to them?

For HayBoo's sake, let's just hope that they pull a very high yield from 1L Fast Track Program. If they do not anticipate to move until after Sept 20, then I'll have to forget about them. I have a couple of offers that are set to expire beforehand.

Return to “Legal Employment”