Cornell OCI 2010

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:03 am

Anymore movement or are we finished?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anymore movement or are we finished?


Ding from Hubbard via snail mail (thanks Adam...)

I think most call backs have been made, excluding Orrick. Or have people heard back from Orrick?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:31 am

Has anyone heard from Patton Boggs and Foley?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:42 am

There are still a handful of firms I haven't heard anything from yet. It seems that no one has heard back from Paul Hastings (specifically interviewer Mark Poerio). I'm not exactly holding my breath at this point but at the same time I haven't gotten rejections from these firms yet either (like Jones Day) and I know they've sent out more than a few rejections already. Anyone in a similar situation?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anymore movement or are we finished?


Ding from Hubbard via snail mail (thanks Adam...)

I think most call backs have been made, excluding Orrick. Or have people heard back from Orrick?


Nothing from Orrick yet.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:50 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anymore movement or are we finished?


Plus, I feel like we can't be officially finished until we get a rejection. I wonder if they make an initial round of CBs with their first picks, send out rejections for definite nos and then keep the rest in a "reserve" pile of some sort. Thoughts? This might explain why some of us haven't heard anything from firms that have sent out both CBs and rejections already.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from Patton Boggs and Foley?


Fried Frank (interviewer Alyson Redman?) Has anyone heard anything?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:There are still a handful of firms I haven't heard anything from yet. It seems that no one has heard back from Paul Hastings (specifically interviewer Mark Poerio). I'm not exactly holding my breath at this point but at the same time I haven't gotten rejections from these firms yet either (like Jones Day) and I know they've sent out more than a few rejections already. Anyone in a similar situation?


yeah, i'm still waiting on Paul Hastings... that is the only one I have left. Got snail mail dings from schulte, kasowitz, and white and case.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:51 pm

got 11 rejects so far.

only waiting to hear from 3 more firms.

:twisted:

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:29 pm

Cahill with Horowitz ding by snail mail today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:11 pm

On average, how many callbacks have people gotten? Anybody got more than 1 callback?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anymore movement or are we finished?


Ding from Hubbard via snail mail (thanks Adam...)

I think most call backs have been made, excluding Orrick. Or have people heard back from Orrick?


Nothing from Orrick yet.


Orrick made calls.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:On average, how many callbacks have people gotten? Anybody got more than 1 callback?


Not to brag, but in the interest of information, I got 8 callbacks out of 16 interviews.
GPA = 3.55

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:29 pm

Right at the median.
Two callbacks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Right at the median.
Two callbacks.


Rank of firms? V50?V100?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Right at the median.
Two callbacks.


Rank of firms? V50?V100?


Both v100

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:37 pm

First, don't give up hope b/c I just got a callback for Wilson while at lunch today. Yes, at this stage it's easier to pessimistic, good things may yet come your way.

Also, I do not have stellar credentials (gpa 3.394), I have had 6 callbacks. Good work experience and being a pleasant person can more than compensate. And my firms rank from V20 down to V80 (pretty evenly distributed actually) so grades are not everything.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:First, don't give up hope b/c I just got a callback for Wilson while at lunch today. Yes, at this stage it's easier to pessimistic, good things may yet come your way.

Also, I do not have stellar credentials (gpa 3.394), I have had 6 callbacks. Good work experience and being a pleasant person can more than compensate. And my firms rank from V20 down to V80 (pretty evenly distributed actually) so grades are not everything.


When did you interview with Wilson?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:28 pm

Congratulations to you all who are doing so well. Any more word from Boston: specifically Skadden, Weil, Goodwin Procter, Mintz Levin or Sullivan and Worcester? Thanks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:First, don't give up hope b/c I just got a callback for Wilson while at lunch today. Yes, at this stage it's easier to pessimistic, good things may yet come your way.

Also, I do not have stellar credentials (gpa 3.394), I have had 6 callbacks. Good work experience and being a pleasant person can more than compensate. And my firms rank from V20 down to V80 (pretty evenly distributed actually) so grades are not everything.


When did you interview with Wilson?


At Aug job fair. CB for NY, did not bid on other offices.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:46 pm

.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:51 pm

Sorry, on iPhone so it's hard to type/respond. Thurs or whenever they did their interviews. I had Sarah Harrington.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:On average, how many callbacks have people gotten? Anybody got more than 1 callback?


Not to brag, but in the interest of information, I got 8 callbacks out of 16 interviews.
GPA = 3.55


Quite close to that GPA, only got 4/16. NY only. Gulp.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:On average, how many callbacks have people gotten? Anybody got more than 1 callback?


Not to brag, but in the interest of information, I got 8 callbacks out of 16 interviews.
GPA = 3.55


Quite close to that GPA, only got 4/16. NY only. Gulp.


wow. what level firms did you bid on?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273100
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:On average, how many callbacks have people gotten? Anybody got more than 1 callback?


Not to brag, but in the interest of information, I got 8 callbacks out of 16 interviews.
GPA = 3.55


Quite close to that GPA, only got 4/16. NY only. Gulp.


wow. what level firms did you bid on?


M level firms. The CBs are dispersed from around the top down to around ~V60. Must have come off poorly in interviews but honestly it I said the same things in the same ways consistently, and in some I just clicked with the person and in others just felt meh. Also was very surprised at a couple of the dings because I had felt very, very good about the interviews coming out of them and they weren't really crazy reaches or anything.

Four is not the worst number in the world I suppose, but I was surprised it wasn't more like ~6. Just have to take it from here I guess.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.