Cornell OCI 2010

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:05 am

Shearman Sterling CB via email. Ding Fried Frank via snail mail.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:05 am

Anonymous User wrote:Shearman Sterling CB via email. Ding Fried Frank via snail mail.


first Shearman I've heard of. Interviewer per favore.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:Shearman Sterling CB via email. Ding Fried Frank via snail mail.


dings via snail mail are just cruel. now it makes me think that the reason i haven't heard from all of these interviewers is because my ding is lost with USPS.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:50 am

Anonymous User wrote:quick rundown of firms that, from what I can gather, have called, but not for all interviewers:

White & Case: Aya Kobori.
Cahill: Joan Frankel (? no confirmation one way or another on this one...)
Jones Day: Matt Lampe & Marguerite Dougherty.
Paul Hastings: Cheryl R. Saban
Winston Strawn: Ruth Braun
Shearman & Sterling: John Cannon, Robert Freedman

Firms that haven't made a sound:
Goodwin Proctor

Please feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.


Well, i know at least one interviewer at Shearman has begun contacting; Paula Howell, so above is edited again. From the person who posted here about the Shearman e-mail, was it from your interviewer or just from like their HR/recruiting folks generally?

"The more you know..."

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:05 pm

Callback from Wilson Sonsini via e-mail (yesterday) and call (today). Interviewer was JM.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:14 pm

also Shearman via email; still waiting on answer to Debevoise CB interviewer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:also Shearman via email; still waiting on answer to Debevoise CB interviewer?


will someone please shed some light on whether the Shearman e-mails are from specific interviewers or are just going out from general firm personnel? Some of us are doing nothing but neurotically refreshing their e-mail and this thread, and then feeling guilty about the anxiety level, and then continuing to do so.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:50 pm

and no one has heard from Paul Hastings (with MP), Crowell & Moring (with DZ), or Schulte (with RR)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:43 pm

Bingham McCutchen (Boston) CB via phone

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:53 pm

email ding from allen & overy

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:and no one has heard from Paul Hastings (with MP), Crowell & Moring (with DZ), or Schulte (with RR)?


Email ding from DZ from Crowell. Has anyone heard from Cahill (interviewer Doug Horowitz?)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:and no one has heard from Paul Hastings (with MP), Crowell & Moring (with DZ), or Schulte (with RR)?


Email ding from DZ from Crowell. Has anyone heard from Cahill (interviewer Doug Horowitz?)



did you get the email just now?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:and no one has heard from Paul Hastings (with MP), Crowell & Moring (with DZ), or Schulte (with RR)?


Email ding from DZ from Crowell. Has anyone heard from Cahill (interviewer Doug Horowitz?)



did you get the email just now?


I got the email yesterday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:05 pm

any CBs from Kasowitz with Ian Katz?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:34 pm

Shearman e-mail was from Robert Freedman.

Debevoise call and e-mail was from Peter Irwin.

re: Kasowitz, I did get a call from Ian Katz last week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Shearman e-mail was from Robert Freedman.

Debevoise call and e-mail was from Peter Irwin.

re: Kasowitz, I did get a call from Ian Katz last week.


thx. that seems to leave one interviewer for Shearman that i haven't heard of people hearing from: John Cannon....mine, again. someone just put me out my misery already.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:05 pm

CB from Crowell with DZ

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Shearman e-mail was from Robert Freedman.

Debevoise call and e-mail was from Peter Irwin.

re: Kasowitz, I did get a call from Ian Katz last week.


thx. that seems to leave one interviewer for Shearman that i haven't heard of people hearing from: John Cannon....mine, again. someone just put me out my misery already.


He's also one of the co-hiring partners.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:20 pm

Quinn Emmanuel by phone

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:44 pm

All of this spam is driving me nuts!!!

Has anyone heard back from Hughes Hubbard & Reed, Cadwalader or Orrick??

Have all Freshfield interviewers made call backs?

Thanks guys.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Shearman e-mail was from Robert Freedman.

Debevoise call and e-mail was from Peter Irwin.

re: Kasowitz, I did get a call from Ian Katz last week.


thx. that seems to leave one interviewer for Shearman that i haven't heard of people hearing from: John Cannon....mine, again. someone just put me out my misery already.


He's also one of the co-hiring partners.


perhaps that means he's not doing any of it himself? hell if i know. i'm close to giving up on caring, which is nice, I suppose.

at this point, someone should just make a random yahoo account and send an email to the list-serv from it, demanding answers from the populace at large. yeah, i've thought about it.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:All of this spam is driving me nuts!!!

Has anyone heard back from Hughes Hubbard & Reed, Cadwalader or Orrick??

Have all Freshfield interviewers made call backs?

Thanks guys.


Hughes Hubbard & Reed CB Yesterday by phone (with Jeremy Turk)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:All of this spam is driving me nuts!!!

Has anyone heard back from Hughes Hubbard & Reed, Cadwalader or Orrick??

Have all Freshfield interviewers made call backs?

Thanks guys.


Hughes Hubbard & Reed CB Yesterday by phone (with Jeremy Turk)


Thanks. Anymore takers? Anyone have Sarah and hear anything back?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:53 pm

Holland & Knight by phone

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Cornell OCI 2010

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Holland & Knight by phone


When? Which interviewer?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.