2010 OCI Results

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

2010 OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:03 am

Since OCIs are starting, I thought I would start a new thread.

My thoughts so far: this year looks like it has potential. I will elaborate more over the course of the week.

User avatar
doyleoil
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:59 pm

Re: 2010 OCI Results

Postby doyleoil » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:I will elaborate more over the course of the week.


can't wait for this sure-to-be-riveting analysis

CourierTwelve
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:44 pm

Re: 2010 OCI Results

Postby CourierTwelve » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:36 am

doyleoil wrote:can't wait for this sure-to-be-riveting analysis


haha. awesome.

User avatar
JG Hall
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:18 pm

Re: 2010 OCI Results

Postby JG Hall » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:54 am

doyleoil wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I will elaborate more over the course of the week.


can't wait for this sure-to-be-riveting analysis

I wore a grey suit on the first day of OCI. While I wasn't positive it was dark enough to be considered "conservative," I decided to be bold and think of it as "charcoal" nonetheless. I paired it with the usual crisp white Armani shirt, a vibrant dark grey tie from Thomas Pink, and wore my favorite pair of platinum cuff links to add some flair to the occasion. I was concerned as to the choice of shoes, however. The usual deep wine Jil Sander lace-ups that I feel are most color appropriate to a grey suit seemed inappropriate for the occasion; one never wants to show up his interviewer. A classic black pair of Ferragamo's would have to do. I debated for hours the pros and cons of a pocket square, but in the end determined that such an expression of character would have to wait until day two, after a full examination of my fellow interviewees.

When I arrived for the first day of interviews, I realized that not everyone put the same time and effort into their appearance. The rooms were riddled with ill-fitting suits; it looked like no one was aware that even Ralph Lauren did made-to-measure. Between the cuffed, pleated pants that were an inch two long and made of wool entirely out of season and some abhorrent JC Penney sale-rack ties, I knew that all my worries had been for naught, and that this, too, was in the bag.

TBC...

User avatar
solotee
Posts: 481
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: 2010 OCI Results

Postby solotee » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
doyleoil wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I will elaborate more over the course of the week.


can't wait for this sure-to-be-riveting analysis

I wore a grey suit on the first day of OCI. While I wasn't positive it was dark enough to be considered "conservative," I decided to be bold and think of it as "charcoal" nonetheless. I paired it with the usual crisp white Armani shirt, a vibrant dark grey tie from Thomas Pink, and wore my favorite pair of platinum cuff links to add some flair to the occasion. I was concerned as to the choice of shoes, however. The usual deep wine Jil Sander lace-ups that I feel are most color appropriate to a grey suit seemed inappropriate for the occasion; one never wants to show up his interviewer. A classic black pair of Ferragamo's would have to do. I debated for hours the pros and cons of a pocket square, but in the end determined that such an expression of character would have to wait until day two, after a full examination of my fellow interviewees.

When I arrived for the first day of interviews, I realized that not everyone put the same time and effort into their appearance. The rooms were riddled with ill-fitting suits; it looked like no one was aware that even Ralph Lauren did made-to-measure. Between the cuffed, pleated pants that were an inch two long and made of wool entirely out of season and some abhorrent JC Penney sale-rack ties, I knew that all my worries had been for naught, and that this, too, was in the bag.

TBC...


Pretty good

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2010 OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:21 am

33 screening interviews, 0 callbacks. i'm not ugly or socially awkward, yet this level of failure is too profound to blame on the economy. thoughts?

ToTransferOrNot
Posts: 1928
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:45 am

Re: 2010 OCI Results

Postby ToTransferOrNot » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:23 am

Anonymous User wrote:33 screening interviews, 0 callbacks. i'm not ugly or socially awkward, yet this level of failure is too profound to blame on the economy. thoughts?


My thoughts would be that its probably way too early to assume you're not going to get any callbacks. That said, this all depends... 33 interviews, was this a lottery or pre-screened? If lottery, you probably had too many reach firms.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2010 OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:29 am

ToTransferOrNot wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:33 screening interviews, 0 callbacks. i'm not ugly or socially awkward, yet this level of failure is too profound to blame on the economy. thoughts?


My thoughts would be that its probably way too early to assume you're not going to get any callbacks. That said, this all depends... 33 interviews, was this a lottery or pre-screened? If lottery, you probably had too many reach firms.


and if pre-screened?

jitsrenzo
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:48 am

Re: 2010 OCI Results

Postby jitsrenzo » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:30 am

Let me tell you a little about how I got ready for my first interview.

I live in the American Gardens building...
on West 81st Street on the 11th floor.
My name is Patrick Bateman.
I'm 27 years old.
I believe in taking care of myself,
in a balanced diet, in a rigorous exercise routine.
ln the morning, if my face is a little pufffy,
I'll put on an icepack while doing my stomach crunches.
I can do a thousand now.
After I remove the icepack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion.
In the shower, I use a water-activated gel cleanser.
Then a honey-almond bodyscrub.
And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub.
Then I apply an herb mint facial masque,
which l leave on for fourteen minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine.
I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol,
because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older.
Then moisturizer,
then an anti-aging eye balm,
followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman.
Some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me.
Only an entity-- something illusory.
And though I can hide my cold gaze...
and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours...
and may be you can even sense our life styles are probably comparable,
I simply am not there.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2010 OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:32 am

ToTransferOrNot wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:33 screening interviews, 0 callbacks. i'm not ugly or socially awkward, yet this level of failure is too profound to blame on the economy. thoughts?


My thoughts would be that its probably way too early to assume you're not going to get any callbacks. That said, this all depends... 33 interviews, was this a lottery or pre-screened? If lottery, you probably had too many reach firms.


How should transfers go about classifying "reach" firms? Transferee school OCS is being waaaaay too vague to be even remotely helpful in that aspect.

User avatar
Aeroplane
Posts: 473
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:40 pm

Re: 2010 OCI Results

Postby Aeroplane » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:16 am

.
Last edited by Aeroplane on Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
let/them/eat/cake
Posts: 595
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: 2010 OCI Results

Postby let/them/eat/cake » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:33 screening interviews, 0 callbacks. i'm not ugly or socially awkward, yet this level of failure is too profound to blame on the economy. thoughts?


School (if transfer, transferor and transferee school), Stats, etc. More info the better. I'd like to know, at this point.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2010 OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:44 am

let/them/eat/cake wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:33 screening interviews, 0 callbacks. i'm not ugly or socially awkward, yet this level of failure is too profound to blame on the economy. thoughts?


School (if transfer, transferor and transferee school), Stats, etc. More info the better. I'd like to know, at this point.


not a transfer. just missed the top 10% cutoff at a T22 (one of those 4) and wrote onto our primary journal. booked civ pro. came straight from (an ivy) undergrad.

edit: targeted 3 markets.

User avatar
98234872348
Posts: 1547
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:25 pm

Re: 2010 OCI Results

Postby 98234872348 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:
let/them/eat/cake wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:33 screening interviews, 0 callbacks. i'm not ugly or socially awkward, yet this level of failure is too profound to blame on the economy. thoughts?


School (if transfer, transferor and transferee school), Stats, etc. More info the better. I'd like to know, at this point.


not a transfer. just missed the top 10% cutoff at a T22 (one of those 4) and wrote onto our primary journal. booked civ pro. came straight from (an ivy) undergrad.

edit: targeted 3 markets.

I guess the advice "no one in safe ITE" is credited.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2010 OCI Results

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:04 pm

Top 20% to 25% at T10.

18 screening interviews, 7 callbacks.

User avatar
casper13
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:03 am

Re: 2010 OCI Results

Postby casper13 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:09 pm

jitsrenzo wrote:Let me tell you a little about how I got ready for my first interview.

I live in the American Gardens building...
on West 81st Street on the 11th floor.
My name is Patrick Bateman.
I'm 27 years old.
I believe in taking care of myself,
in a balanced diet, in a rigorous exercise routine.
ln the morning, if my face is a little pufffy,
I'll put on an icepack while doing my stomach crunches.
I can do a thousand now.
After I remove the icepack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion.
In the shower, I use a water-activated gel cleanser.
Then a honey-almond bodyscrub.
And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub.
Then I apply an herb mint facial masque,
which l leave on for fourteen minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine.
I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol,
because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older.
Then moisturizer,
then an anti-aging eye balm,
followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman.
Some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me.
Only an entity-- something illusory.
And though I can hide my cold gaze...
and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours...
and may be you can even sense our life styles are probably comparable,
I simply am not there.



Did you go in like this

--ImageRemoved--

jitsrenzo
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:48 am

Re: 2010 OCI Results

Postby jitsrenzo » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:02 pm

That's absurd. Of course I had on my bespoke suit. And my crisp, beautifully produced business card (although I was a little envious of the card my interview gave me).

Now excuse me while I return some videotapes.

casper13 wrote:

Did you go in like this

--ImageRemoved--




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.