Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Bump on the Patton Boggs question - was it NJ/NY or DC?
Also, does anyone have awful, and I mean awful, grades and have callbacks?


i have awful, awful grades and several callbacks

Care to be more specific? How awful is awful and how many is several?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Bump on the Patton Boggs question - was it NJ/NY or DC?
Also, does anyone have awful, and I mean awful, grades and have callbacks?


i have awful, awful grades and several callbacks


hahahaha - If this was facebook, I would anonymously "like" this comment. Awesome. And also, please be more specific on the grades and markets.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Bump on the Patton Boggs question - was it NJ/NY or DC?
Also, does anyone have awful, and I mean awful, grades and have callbacks?


i have awful, awful grades and several callbacks

Care to be more specific? How awful is awful and how many is several?


I don't want to be too much more specific, but in some cases the professor would have had to petition the administration to give me a lower grade. and, several is almost double digits. i still have a few firms to hear back from, but of the responses so far over half have been callbacks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Bump on the Patton Boggs question - was it NJ/NY or DC?
Also, does anyone have awful, and I mean awful, grades and have callbacks?


i have awful, awful grades and several callbacks

Care to be more specific? How awful is awful and how many is several?


I don't want to be too much more specific, but in some cases the professor would have had to petition the administration to give me a lower grade. and, several is almost double digits. i still have a few firms to hear back from, but of the responses so far over half have been callbacks.

Damn. What's your secret?

User avatar
MrKappus
Posts: 1685
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:46 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby MrKappus » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:49 pm

^ Lying.

12262010
Posts: 612
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:15 pm

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby 12262010 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:51 pm

nightman is probably right.

User avatar
MrKappus
Posts: 1685
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:46 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby MrKappus » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:54 pm

Or he/she is just incredibly well connected, which isn't a crime. But if most (nearly "double digits") of a job applicant's 10 grades are "awful," I don't see how CB's could otherwise be possible. There are just too many incredibly qualified people for firms to be trawling for C students that interview well.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:00 pm

I don't have any Cs. That's a petition grade, no? I also don't have any connections--at all. I'm from no where near here and don't have any lawyers in the family or anything like that. I also have no reason to lie. This is anonymous after all.

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby dresden doll » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I don't have any Cs. That's a petition grade, no? I also don't have any connections--at all. I'm from no where near here and don't have any lawyers in the family or anything like that. I also have no reason to lie. This is anonymous after all.


How low can you be ranked with Bs alone, then? Do you figure you're in the bottom third? Do you have valuable WE/awesome resume/language skills that perhaps boosted you?

*Also, as an aside - because I can't resist saying it - the transfer with 15 CBs is a huge tool and the whole of CLS is worse off for having him as a member of their community. Assuming he's real, of course. Which I hope isn't the case.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:09 pm

dresden doll wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I don't have any Cs. That's a petition grade, no? I also don't have any connections--at all. I'm from no where near here and don't have any lawyers in the family or anything like that. I also have no reason to lie. This is anonymous after all.


How low can you be ranked with Bs alone, then? Do you figure you're in the bottom third? Do you have valuable WE/awesome resume/language skills that perhaps boosted you?

*Also, as an aside - because I can't resist saying it - the transfer with 15 CBs is a huge tool and the whole of CLS is worse off for having him as a member of their community. Assuming he's real, of course. Which I hope isn't the case.


I don't really know how to figure out where I'm ranked. To be frank, I don't want to know. It won't make me feel better about myself. But, yeah, I'd guess bottom third if I had to put money on it. Maybe lower. It can't be higher.

No language skills. I do have some substantial and useful WE, but I don't say what it is because that'll give me away.

I bet the transfer isn't real. OS said he was trolling in another thread, too. I've been very happy with the lack of douches at CLS. We're a much nicer and easy going group than I was expecting. I hope the transfers aren't out to change that.

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby dresden doll » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
dresden doll wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I don't have any Cs. That's a petition grade, no? I also don't have any connections--at all. I'm from no where near here and don't have any lawyers in the family or anything like that. I also have no reason to lie. This is anonymous after all.


How low can you be ranked with Bs alone, then? Do you figure you're in the bottom third? Do you have valuable WE/awesome resume/language skills that perhaps boosted you?

*Also, as an aside - because I can't resist saying it - the transfer with 15 CBs is a huge tool and the whole of CLS is worse off for having him as a member of their community. Assuming he's real, of course. Which I hope isn't the case.


I don't really know how to figure out where I'm ranked. To be frank, I don't want to know. It won't make me feel better about myself. But, yeah, I'd guess bottom third if I had to put money on it. Maybe lower. It can't be higher.

No language skills. I do have some substantial and useful WE, but I don't say what it is because that'll give me away.

I bet the transfer isn't real. OS said he was trolling in another thread, too. I've been very happy with the lack of douches at CLS. We're a much nicer and easy going group than I was expecting. I hope the transfers aren't out to change that.


Well, no need to elaborate about your WE. I just figured you must have had some type of a soft factor to help you along. At any rate, kudos to you.

As for the transfer, he may well not be real but some of the other transfer posts probably are and the attitude they express - i.e. 'not my fault bottom half didn't work hard enough' - leaves me less than excited to meet Chicago transfers.

Anyway, my apologies for contributing to the derailment. Please, carry on.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:21 pm

anyone get a Sidley or Dewey rejection yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:24 pm

I mean, it isn't the transfers fault that some are in the bottom 50%, but neither is it really the "fault" of the bottom 50%, in that 97% of the 1Ls took law school very seriously, and 50% of those who worked incredibly hard who just happened to be slightly poorer test takers.

I just hope most transfers won't look down on those with below median grades and be mean about it.

ANYWAY - any news from Cadwalader and McDermott?

User avatar
bizen boat
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:55 pm

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby bizen boat » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:39 pm

dresden doll wrote:As for the transfer, he may well not be real but some of the other transfer posts probably are and the attitude they express - i.e. 'not my fault bottom half didn't work hard enough' - leaves me less than excited to meet Chicago transfers.

Anyway, my apologies for contributing to the derailment. Please, carry on.


I'm a Chicago transfer :cry: . Seems like it could be awkward meeting the real students tomorrow at OCI orientation. I imagine sitting down next to someone, who reacts by getting up and sitting elsewhere in order to avoid the "transfer stink." :lol:

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:48 pm

Can we drop the transfer thing? I think things were said on both sides that were not classy.

It's hard to be gracious when your new classmates are telling you that you aren't smart enough to go to school with them, or that you don't deserve the jobs you worked hard to get.

It's also hard to be gracious when you've worked hard all year, but your job prospects are not ideal, and there's an easy scapegoat newcomer.

But, please, can we move on? We're all classmates now, and being uncivil isn't going to change 2010 OCI at this point.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:49 pm

I posted this on the Callback thread, but:

Have many people already had callbacks?

I scheduled all of mine beginning this Tuesday and continuing into the following week. I needed a few days off after EIP to research and refresh, but I know that many people emphasize scheduling CBs early to increase chances of an offer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:51 pm

How have people with 3.3-3.4 been doing?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:54 pm

I've had one CB so far. The rest start next week, and into the following week. Lots of places couldn't or didn't want to schedule anything until later (i.e., the week of the 30th, or -- in one case -- after Labor Day).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:55 pm

.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:00 pm

.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Corsair
Posts: 3997
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 1981 12:25 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Corsair » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:15 pm

..

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:15 pm

Any idea when the next wave of callbacks begins for the people "on hold?"

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:34 pm

has anyone heard from herbert smith?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:38 pm

is it possible that any more callbacks are coming or is this it?

User avatar
Unemployed
Posts: 699
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:35 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Unemployed » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:15? Are you LR as well? Applying to NY mkt?


No LR, but finance and firm background. 3 different markets, but more than half of my interviews were NY.

mistergoft wrote:Congrats, btw.


Thank you. I don't think I'll be changing my name - I am rather partial to it (I joined TLS pretty much right after I got laid off from a bank, which was a bittersweet day with more sweet than bitter).

OperaSoprano wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Didn't come here to make friends. Came here to dominate you at EIP. Succeeding.


Dear CLS Community: It is my pleasure to tell you this individual was permanently banned by another mod for trolling elsewhere on the site. Wishing transfers (some of my own former classmates among them) and native students the very best! (We have a few days to go, ourselves. Most of us won't have what you will have, but we remain hopeful, and it's been a positive experience so far!)


Thank you for the update. I did not believe for one moment that the poster was for real. Good luck with OCI!




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.