Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273358
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How'd the sub-median kids end up doing? Any thoughts?


Hahaha, I feel like this question is asked literally every 5 pages.

Sub-median here, 7 callbacks ranging from V-10 through the V-100.


wow, nice going. are you just a hair below median (and could easily pass for "median") or substantially and clearly below median?


I would say...between those two. Not "just a hair" but not awful. The median of sub-medians! ;)


Good Work experience or personality? What did it, sir (or ma'dam)? Congratulations!!!!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273358
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from Haynes and Boone (NY)?



+1

Anonymous User
Posts: 273358
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Hahaha, I feel like this question is asked literally every 5 pages.

Sub-median here, 7 callbacks ranging from V-10 through the V-100.


wow, nice going. are you just a hair below median (and could easily pass for "median") or substantially and clearly below median?


I would say...between those two. Not "just a hair" but not awful. The median of sub-medians! ;)


Good Work experience or personality? What did it, sir (or ma'dam)? Congratulations!!!!


I have several years of WE, although I'm not sure whether that trumps grades in the long run. I like to think of myself as personable, for sure. Honestly, I have no idea! I'm definitely thrilled by the response I received. And thank you. :)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273358
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:33 pm

I'm going to venture a guess that the alleged sub-median person with seven callbacks is either not telling the truth, has connections, or is a hot chick. I'm guessing it's the latter.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273358
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm going to venture a guess that the alleged sub-median person with seven callbacks is either not telling the truth, has connections, or is a hot chick. I'm guessing it's the latter.


Oh bah.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273358
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:45 pm

Anyone heard from Wilson and Sonsini (NY)?

User avatar
Unemployed
Posts: 699
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:35 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Unemployed » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm going to venture a guess that the alleged sub-median person with seven callbacks is either not telling the truth, has connections, or is a hot chick. I'm guessing it's the latter.


You forgot one :lol:

Anonymous User
Posts: 273358
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:56 pm

Sub-median (not much over 3.0--no B-'s, but definitely not stellar grades), a few years of work experience, 10 CBs.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273358
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Sub-median (not much over 3.0--no B-'s, but definitely not stellar grades), a few years of work experience, 10 CBs.


again, you are either a liar or a hot chick partners want to get with

Anonymous User
Posts: 273358
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Sub-median (not much over 3.0--no B-'s, but definitely not stellar grades), a few years of work experience, 10 CBs.


again, you are either a liar or a hot chick partners want to get with


definitely not the former and I'll take the latter any day :D

ToTransferOrNot
Posts: 1928
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:45 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby ToTransferOrNot » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Sub-median (not much over 3.0--no B-'s, but definitely not stellar grades), a few years of work experience, 10 CBs.


again, you are either a liar or a hot chick partners want to get with


qfbitterness

Anonymous User
Posts: 273358
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:16 pm

ToTransferOrNot wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Sub-median (not much over 3.0--no B-'s, but definitely not stellar grades), a few years of work experience, 10 CBs.


again, you are either a liar or a hot chick partners want to get with


qfbitterness


by saying i'm bitter you assume this person is telling the truth

sorry, i'm not buying it. most people that i know that are sub median have 0 callbacks

Anonymous User
Posts: 273358
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:23 pm

has any one who's done a call back heard back yet

Anonymous User
Posts: 273358
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:has any one who's done a call back heard back yet


sull crom gave offers to people on the spot apparently

Anonymous User
Posts: 273358
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:30 pm

is it just cravath and sullivan that do that

Anonymous User
Posts: 273358
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
ToTransferOrNot wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Sub-median (not much over 3.0--no B-'s, but definitely not stellar grades), a few years of work experience, 10 CBs.


again, you are either a liar or a hot chick partners want to get with


qfbitterness


by saying i'm bitter you assume this person is telling the truth

sorry, i'm not buying it. most people that i know that are sub median have 0 callbacks


I'm not going to out myself, but I can assure you that I am completely real. There are some factors in my background that may have helped me get callbacks as opposed to some other sub-med students, but I am between a 3.0 and a 3.2 and I have 10 CBs scheduled. Not bidding stupidly, doing thorough research, and playing the numbers also helped.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273358
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from Haynes and Boone (NY)?



+1


Someone posted earlier that they got a CB from HayBoo NY.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273358
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from Haynes and Boone (NY)?



+1


Someone posted earlier that they got a CB from HayBoo NY.



I've checked the whole thread and it's not in here... Are you sure?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273358
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:11 pm

"There are some factors in my background that may have helped me get callbacks as opposed to some other sub-med students"

oh i see :roll:

Anonymous User
Posts: 273358
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:20 pm

Debevoise ding via snail mail.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273358
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:31 pm

.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273358
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:"There are some factors in my background that may have helped me get callbacks as opposed to some other sub-med students"

oh i see :roll:


Putting together a strong resume is not exactly a challenge, dude. And I'm not a URM if that's what you're implying. But I can't tell you what to believe. You are a) seriously seriously bitter and b) kind of silly. Do you really think there's absolutely nothing in the world that would get someone below median at CLS 10 CBs? I don't need you to believe it--I'm excited with the results and I'm enjoying doing the CBs. I think it just shows that there is some light at the end of the tunnel for some people with mediocre grades.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273358
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:"There are some factors in my background that may have helped me get callbacks as opposed to some other sub-med students"

oh i see :roll:


Original sub-med poster with the 7 CBs here. I don't have any of the aforementioned "factors" in my background that may have helped, so I'm truly convinced that a big smile and an enthusiastic attitude helps a lot.


10 CB sub-med poster again here. This helps too--I always go in with a smile, confidence, and lots of good stories to tell.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273358
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:"There are some factors in my background that may have helped me get callbacks as opposed to some other sub-med students"

oh i see :roll:


Original sub-med poster with the 7 CBs here. I don't have any of the aforementioned "factors" in my background that may have helped, so I'm truly convinced that a big smile and an enthusiastic attitude helps a lot.


10 CB sub-med poster again here. This helps too--I always go in with a smile, confidence, and lots of good stories to tell.


I can also add to the below median (in fact, way below) multiple callbacks (8). It seems to me that outside of LR, the employers see us all the same for the most part. So, the interview and resume seem to be making a bigger difference than a transcript. Or, it could be that the below median went in really trying to hustle because we knew the transcript wasn't going to be the thing that got us the callback.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273358
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2010 Callbacks Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:55 pm

anyone have an idea/sense what the unofficial grade cut-off for OMM is?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.