Fordham OCI Results Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
VictoryFord

New

Re: Fordham OCI Results

Post by VictoryFord » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:27 pm

Timothy Wreck wrote:It does matter. Should we focus our energies on our preselect interviews, rather than wasting time on firms that may have already mailed us a ding?
check out the offer tracker. it paints a pretty clear picture of which firms will hire lottery picks (most of them).

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:59 pm

disco_barred wrote:
Timothy Wreck wrote:It does matter. Should we focus our energies on our preselect interviews, rather than wasting time on firms that may have already mailed us a ding?
It's inconceivable that it would take more than an hour to do all of the prep you need for any interview - however your school assigns them. Get the work done and do it right each and every time. (before the off-topic angst begins, I'm now bowing out of this thread)
Haha, welcome to our thread! I have my first law firm interviews ever scheduled for Wednesday, and I know I will need all the help I can get. (I'm attempting to remember what I was thinking when I decided this OCI business was a good idea. It's too late to cancel now!)

ak362

Bronze

Post by ak362 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:05 pm

I don't belong in the Fordham thread, but... zuh? Opera? Firm work? :shock: Last I remember, you were aiming straight and narrow for public interest.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:13 am

ak362 wrote:I don't belong in the Fordham thread, but... zuh? Opera? Firm work? :shock: Last I remember, you were aiming straight and narrow for public interest.
Ah, that's a long story. I am mostly exploring my options, though I hope my modest expectations are in line with what's likely to happen. I was at a nonprofit this summer and loved it, and I do want to return someday, whatever else I do. I might stay PI straight through; I'm not really sure.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:49 am

To my classmates to start OCI on the morrow: good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

metsfan2486

New

Post by metsfan2486 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:31 pm

somebody say something neurotic

Timothy Wreck

New

Post by Timothy Wreck » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:55 am

I had two lottery interviews yesterday, wherein the interviewers were clearly going through the motions.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:27 am

Timothy Wreck wrote:I had two lottery interviews yesterday, wherein the interviewers were clearly going through the motions.
How do you know for sure they were lottery interviews? From what I've heard, sometimes interviewers are less experienced at the interview format. I've heard from friends at other schools who have gotten offers after interviews they thought were just going through the motions, so hopefully that will cheer you. We can assume an interview was a preselect if we bid it #26 or something, but it's harder to guess which higher bids were lottery interviews. I asked CPC, and they confirmed that they don't give out this data. If you know you had the credentials for an employer, you may well still be in the running.

Timothy Wreck

New

Post by Timothy Wreck » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Timothy Wreck wrote:I had two lottery interviews yesterday, wherein the interviewers were clearly going through the motions.
How do you know for sure they were lottery interviews? From what I've heard, sometimes interviewers are less experienced at the interview format. I've heard from friends at other schools who have gotten offers after interviews they thought were just going through the motions, so hopefully that will cheer you. We can assume an interview was a preselect if we bid it #26 or something, but it's harder to guess which higher bids were lottery interviews. I asked CPC, and they confirmed that they don't give out this data. If you know you had the credentials for an employer, you may well still be in the running.

I didn't get the vibe from the interviewers that I was still in the running, but it can't hurt to think positively.

On the other hand, methinks that CPC is just covering its tail by not giving out lottery/preselect data.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:18 am

how has OCI been for fordham this year?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”