Yale FIP

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273458
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Yale FIP

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:01 pm

dbt wrote:Covington DC offer. Did callback interview this Tuesday (Aug 31). :D


Congratulations! You gonna take it or wait to hear from other CBs first?

User avatar
dbt
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Yale FIP

Postby dbt » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
dbt wrote:Covington DC offer. Did callback interview this Tuesday (Aug 31). :D


Congratulations! You gonna take it or wait to hear from other CBs first?


Thanks! I'm doing one other callback next week, but I really like Covington and the people.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273458
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Yale FIP

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:19 pm

dbt wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
dbt wrote:Covington DC offer. Did callback interview this Tuesday (Aug 31). :D


Congratulations! You gonna take it or wait to hear from other CBs first?


Thanks! I'm doing one other callback next week, but I really like Covington and the people.


I hear ya, man. It's a big load off your shoulders to have something you really like to fall back on.

I'm going around circles myself trying to decide between four offers and still have the Cravath CB interview in a couple weeks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273458
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Yale FIP

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:14 am

dbt wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
dbt wrote:Covington DC offer. Did callback interview this Tuesday (Aug 31). :D


Congratulations! You gonna take it or wait to hear from other CBs first?


Thanks! I'm doing one other callback next week, but I really like Covington and the people.



Hey DBT, at least four other rising 2Ls and I also have offers at Covington, DC. It's a great crowd. I think most of use with end up there. You should meet us!

Covington is great. It's been my top choice all along.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273458
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Yale FIP

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
dbt wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
dbt wrote:Covington DC offer. Did callback interview this Tuesday (Aug 31). :D


Congratulations! You gonna take it or wait to hear from other CBs first?


Thanks! I'm doing one other callback next week, but I really like Covington and the people.


I hear ya, man. It's a big load off your shoulders to have something you really like to fall back on.

I'm going around circles myself trying to decide between four offers and still have the Cravath CB interview in a couple weeks.


+1. It's tough deciding between firms when they all appear virtually indistinguishable--great work, great people, highly prestigious, etc. I'll have to dig deep and find some way to distinguish between seven V10s relatively soon. I can't keep these offers open as long as I would like; 28 days isn't that long a period. It's going to be a challenging decision, but we are all very fortunate to have these great options!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273458
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Yale FIP

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:+1. It's tough deciding between firms when they all appear virtually indistinguishable--great work, great people, highly prestigious, etc. I'll have to dig deep and find some way to distinguish between seven V10s relatively soon. I can't keep these offers open as long as I would like; 28 days isn't that long a period. It's going to be a challenging decision, but we are all very fortunate to have these great options!


Has anyone talked to career services re: choosing between firms? Any sense of whether or not they'd be a good resource?

Also, I'm pretty sure you can't keep seven offers open at one time:) NALP rules specify that you can only have five offers open.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273458
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Yale FIP

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:+1. It's tough deciding between firms when they all appear virtually indistinguishable--great work, great people, highly prestigious, etc. I'll have to dig deep and find some way to distinguish between seven V10s relatively soon. I can't keep these offers open as long as I would like; 28 days isn't that long a period. It's going to be a challenging decision, but we are all very fortunate to have these great options!


Dude, seven!!?!!? Awesome!

I only went to 5 CBs to get the 4 offers (still waiting to hear from the fifth). Even though I received 13 CBs from FIP, the Cravath interview will be only my sixth and last. Beyond that, it just seems awfully greedy. :)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273458
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Yale FIP

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Also, I'm pretty sure you can't keep seven offers open at one time:) NALP rules specify that you can only have five offers open.


Actually, the rules allow for a 1 week grace period during which you can maintain 5+ offers open.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273458
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Yale FIP

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:52 pm

Has anyone who interviewed at Davis Polk last Monday (9/6) received an offer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273458
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Yale FIP

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:49 am

Bump- anything new to report?

Pablo Ramirez
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:01 pm

Re: Yale FIP

Postby Pablo Ramirez » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:49 am

Anonymous User wrote:Bump- anything new to report?


Yes. It's a beautiful day in New Haven.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273458
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Yale FIP

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:50 am

you ever go to class?

Pablo Ramirez
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:01 pm

Re: Yale FIP

Postby Pablo Ramirez » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:54 am

Anonymous User wrote:you ever go to class?


Define "ever"

Anonymous User
Posts: 273458
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Yale FIP

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:59 pm

Someone on another thread said that new Williams & Connolly offers should be coming out between today and Friday... Has anyone else heard something similar from the firm? Or gotten an offer/ding?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273458
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Yale FIP

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:07 pm

i had my callback interview at W&C early last week and haven't heard either way yet . . . dreading the rejection letter!

User avatar
dbt
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Yale FIP

Postby dbt » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:i had my callback interview at W&C early last week and haven't heard either way yet . . . dreading the rejection letter!


well, last year 100% of callbacks got an offer, so I wouldn't be too pessimistic. good luck either way and congrats on getting the callback!

Pablo Ramirez
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:01 pm

Re: Yale FIP

Postby Pablo Ramirez » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:14 pm

dbt wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:i had my callback interview at W&C early last week and haven't heard either way yet . . . dreading the rejection letter!


well, last year 100% of callbacks got an offer, so I wouldn't be too pessimistic. good luck either way and congrats on getting the callback!


Yeah, but that's because they only invited 6 people back. The year before they extended 16 callbacks. 14 people showed up. Only 4 got offers.

User avatar
dbt
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Yale FIP

Postby dbt » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:19 pm

Pablo Ramirez wrote:
dbt wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:i had my callback interview at W&C early last week and haven't heard either way yet . . . dreading the rejection letter!


well, last year 100% of callbacks got an offer, so I wouldn't be too pessimistic. good luck either way and congrats on getting the callback!


Yeah, but that's because they only invited 6 people back. The year before they extended 16 callbacks. 14 people showed up. Only 4 got offers.


Oh where did you find the year before information? I would like to look at it for another firm.

Also, in that case nevermind haha. Good luck though and still congrats to previous poster on getting a callback!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273458
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Yale FIP

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:23 pm

thanks! i will let you all know either way once i hear back.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273458
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Yale FIP

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:29 pm

dbt wrote:
Pablo Ramirez wrote:
dbt wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:i had my callback interview at W&C early last week and haven't heard either way yet . . . dreading the rejection letter!


well, last year 100% of callbacks got an offer, so I wouldn't be too pessimistic. good luck either way and congrats on getting the callback!


Yeah, but that's because they only invited 6 people back. The year before they extended 16 callbacks. 14 people showed up. Only 4 got offers.


Oh where did you find the year before information? I would like to look at it for another firm.

Also, in that case nevermind haha. Good luck though and still congrats to previous poster on getting a callback!


it's in the index of the FIP Guide CDO sent out. (The guide is also available on CDO's page on YLS inside)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273458
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Yale FIP

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:00 pm

OK so I'm really neurotic

Does anyone know how many CBs to Williams & Connolly came out of FIP this year? Recent posting about two years ago freaked me out. I'm hoping W&C has "right sized" its callbacks this year to get closer to 6/6 instead of 4/16

User avatar
dbt
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Yale FIP

Postby dbt » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OK so I'm really neurotic

Does anyone know how many CBs to Williams & Connolly came out of FIP this year? Recent posting about two years ago freaked me out. I'm hoping W&C has "right sized" its callbacks this year to get closer to 6/6 instead of 4/16


I know at least one transfer received a callback from W&C. But that's all I know.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273458
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Yale FIP

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:15 pm

i'm the person who posted before about dreading the rejection letter. i am not the transfer student the previous poster alluded to, and i know one other student who got a callback who is also not a transfer. so that makes at least 3.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273458
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Yale FIP

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:30 pm

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with Weil Gotshal? I got an offer there and liked it when I visited, but I noticed that hardly any Yale students decide to go work there. It's in Vault's Top 10, so I would've thought that it'd be more popular. A search of the summer employment surveys, however, reveals only 3 hits for Weil Gotshal! Does this firm have a really bad reputation for being a hellhole or gunner-y or something? The reviews on ATL's Career Center and on Vault talk pretty glowingly about it...so what am I missing? Is it just that Weil interviews relatively few students? Or maybe that students like me look at the summer evals, notice that no one ever goes there, and then decide to go elsewhere, compounding the effect? Someone help me understand! What's going on here? Thanks!!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273458
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Yale FIP

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Can anyone tell me what the deal is with Weil Gotshal? I got an offer there and liked it when I visited, but I noticed that hardly any Yale students decide to go work there. It's in Vault's Top 10, so I would've thought that it'd be more popular. A search of the summer employment surveys, however, reveals only 3 hits for Weil Gotshal! Does this firm have a really bad reputation for being a hellhole or gunner-y or something? The reviews on ATL's Career Center and on Vault talk pretty glowingly about it...so what am I missing? Is it just that Weil interviews relatively few students? Or maybe that students like me look at the summer evals, notice that no one ever goes there, and then decide to go elsewhere, compounding the effect? Someone help me understand! What's going on here? Thanks!!


I know 2 LR types who got call backs, so I guess that's at least 5




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.