anyone heard back from Baker Botts?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

anyone heard back from Baker Botts?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:51 pm

still waiting :x

Anonymous User

Re: anyone heard back from Baker Botts?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:59 pm

I've spammed about 25 firms in the past week and haven't heard anything. :( Top 5% + LR @ T30-40. Not BB though.. Sorry. How long does it normally take to hear back?

mollie

Postby mollie » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:07 am

I'm waiting to hear from Baker Botts too-nothing yet :x

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:28 pm

If anyone has any Qs about the firm, I'd be glad to answer them to the best of my abilities (I summered there this year).

hithere

Postby hithere » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If anyone has any Qs about the firm, I'd be glad to answer them to the best of my abilities (I summered there this year).

Were summers exclusively from t-14 schools? What's the number of summers the firm is bringing in? Did you get an offer? Tips for interviewing?

Bosque

Postby Bosque » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:03 pm

Is this from PLIP? If so, wouldn't it have made more sense to post in the PLIP thread?

Postby 12262010 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:09 pm

hithere wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:If anyone has any Qs about the firm, I'd be glad to answer them to the best of my abilities (I summered there this year).

Were summers exclusively from t-14 schools? What's the number of summers the firm is bringing in? Did you get an offer? Tips for interviewing?

looks like there were 0 offers from Baker Botts at CLS's OCI last year, which means it's not looking good for non T-14 students.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:11 pm

hithere wrote:

Firmwide there were summers from every T14 and Houston, SMU, and UT. Maybe another Texas school was represented, but no non-Texas/non-T14 schools were.

There were ~70 summers this past year and I'd imagine they'll continue to hover around that, though the Dallas office seems to have room to add summers (only ~10 2L summers last year), so maybe that number will increase slightly.

I did get an offer.

As for interview tips...BB, along with other Texas firms, tends to focus a lot on fit. Grades are definitely important getting in the door, but they want to make sure they can see themselves spending long days and nights with you. Socially awkward people will have a very tough time. Other than that, it's no different than anywhere else.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Texasboundanddown

Postby Texasboundanddown » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:23 am

Anonymous User wrote:
hithere wrote:

Firmwide there were summers from every T14 and Houston, Baylor, and UT. Maybe another Texas school was represented, but no non-Texas/non-T14 schools were.

There were ~70 summers this past year and I'd imagine they'll continue to hover around that, though the Dallas office seems to have room to add summers (only ~10 2L summers last year), so maybe that number will increase slightly.

I did get an offer.

As for interview tips...BB, along with other Texas firms, tends to focus a lot on fit. Grades are definitely important getting in the door, but they want to make sure they can see themselves spending long days and nights with you. Socially awkward people will have a very tough time. Other than that, it's no different than anywhere else.

Any SMU peeps? How was the firm? I know an older...lawyer that works in one of the offices and he really is a great guy who always makes it seem like its a great place to work.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:00 am

Texasboundanddown wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
hithere wrote:

Firmwide there were summers from every T14 and Houston, Baylor, and UT. Maybe another Texas school was represented, but no non-Texas/non-T14 schools were.

I did get an offer.

Any SMU peeps? How was the firm? I know an older...lawyer that works in one of the offices and he really is a great guy who always makes it seem like its a great place to work.

You're right there was someone from SMU and nobody from Baylor.

The firm was great, but I got the feeling a lot of one's experience depended upon department.

Return to “Legal Employment”