Had my first firm interview today

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Had my first firm interview today

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:19 pm

Seemed OK. I asked a lot of questions and there were no awkward silences. Interviewer didn't ask any curveball questions, just the basics: tell me about your summer job, why law school, what kind of practice are you interested in, etc. Biggest thing I left out was making the case for why I wanted to work at X firm. I'm hoping that since she didn't ask, it's no big deal.

Callback? :)

doyleoil

Re: Had my first firm interview today

Postby doyleoil » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:20 pm

TTIWWOP

Drake014

Postby Drake014 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Seemed OK. I asked a lot of questions and there were no awkward silences. Interviewer didn't ask any curveball questions, just the basics: tell me about your summer job, why law school, what kind of practice are you interested in, etc. Biggest thing I left out was making the case for why I wanted to work at X firm. I'm hoping that since she didn't ask, it's no big deal.

You were doomed from the moment you opened your mouth .

doyleoil

Postby doyleoil » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:22 pm

Drake014 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Seemed OK. I asked a lot of questions and there were no awkward silences. Interviewer didn't ask any curveball questions, just the basics: tell me about your summer job, why law school, what kind of practice are you interested in, etc. Biggest thing I left out was making the case for why I wanted to work at X firm. I'm hoping that since she didn't ask, it's no big deal.

You were doomed from the moment you opened your mouth .

your 'tar is an appropriate comment on this thread

Postby 270910 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:23 pm

Your callback chances are directly proportionate to your law school's ranking, your GPA, and the degree to which you repulsed the interviewer(s).

bwv812

Postby bwv812 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:15 pm

Last edited by bwv812 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 270910 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:15 pm

bwv812 wrote:
disco_barred wrote:Your callback chances are directly proportionate to your law school's ranking, your GPA, and the degree to which you repulsed the interviewer(s).

So, be as repulsive as possible.

Exactly. They like that ;)

(Please pardon my syntactical error)

Return to “Legal Employment”