Putting internship on resume before starting?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Putting internship on resume before starting?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:29 am

I just landed a prestigious internship for the second semester of my second year, and i was wondering if i can put it on my resume with the start dates in the future. my concern is making this known for OCI and letting interviewers know that i will have this experience before summering at their firms. thoughts?

Pablo Ramirez

Re: Putting internship on resume before starting?

Postby Pablo Ramirez » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:41 am

I know the great majority of people put journal membership and the like on their resume during the summer before 2L year even though they wont start working on an edit team until September or so. I don't see a problem with it. I think it's fine. The same goes for your internship.

remotelyfeasible

Postby remotelyfeasible » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:01 am

Put it on the resume if employers will care about the internship. Obviously make it clear that it is an upcoming experience rather than something you have done, but no reason not to list it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:13 am

I am putting that I will be a TA in the fall on mine.

Return to “Legal Employment”