St. Louis Firms

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jdstl

St. Louis Firms

Postby jdstl » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:25 pm

It's a little early to even be thinking about this (won't start LS till next year) but I've got free time on my hands, so what the hell.

I'm trying to do a little research on biglaw firms in the St. Louis area, and was wondering what the word on the ground was (particularly from SLU/WUSTL types) on the top St. Louis firms. I have no idea intention of working anywhere else after law school, unless I could snag a clerkship.

Particularly interested in what folks have to say about Bryan Cave, Thompson Coburn, Lewis Rice Fingersh, and Armstrong Teasdale in terms of each firm's reputation, both in terms of market prestige and employee satisfaction.

B. Cave is certainly the largest firm hq'd in the St. Louis area, but it seems like Coburn may be the most respected within the St. Louis area, and has some impressive rankings on the AmLaw mid level associate polls. I can't find much on these regional firms aside from the basics on Avery Index and NALP Directory.

Thanks

publiuspublicola

Re: St. Louis Firms

Postby publiuspublicola » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:32 pm

jdstl wrote:It's a little early to even be thinking about this (won't start LS till next year) but I've got free time on my hands, so what the hell.

I'm trying to do a little research on biglaw firms in the St. Louis area, and was wondering what the word on the ground was (particularly from SLU/WUSTL types) on the top St. Louis firms. I have no idea intention of working anywhere else after law school, unless I could snag a clerkship.

Particularly interested in what folks have to say about Bryan Cave, Thompson Coburn, Lewis Rice Fingersh, and Armstrong Teasdale in terms of each firm's reputation, both in terms of market prestige and employee satisfaction.

B. Cave is certainly the largest firm hq'd in the St. Louis area, but it seems like Coburn may be the most respected within the St. Louis area, and has some impressive rankings on the AmLaw mid level associate polls. I can't find much on these regional firms aside from the basics on Avery Index and NALP Directory.

Thanks

So far as firms not headquartered in St. Louis, but with offices: Sonnenschein (soon to be SNR Denton) and Husch Blackwell.

EDIT: Had Shook Hardy here (HQd across state in KC), but turns out they don't have a St. Louis office. I was thinking of Lathrop & Gage, but their St. Louis office is pretty small.

jdstl

Postby jdstl » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:38 pm

Yeah, interested to see what people have heard/experienced with those too.

jdstl

Postby jdstl » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:25 pm

Bump?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:03 pm

Polsinelli Shughart (headquartered in KC) has a significant presence in STL and is a growing, up and coming firm. great work atmosphere.

Return to “Legal Employment”