Columbia EIP Lottery Results Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Columbia EIP Lottery Results

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:01 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: Columbia EIP Lottery Results

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:09 pm

what?
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Machine Spirit

Bronze

Post by Machine Spirit » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:03 pm

Why so anonymous? Is this all supposed to be extra super secret?

Regardless, I received 16, which falls in line with the average (15) reported by the career office. But then, I was also a transfer, so I had the additional consideration of selecting firms with higher offer:transfer offer ratios.

But in any case, my 16 were my top 16 choices, so I'm happy.

NYAssociate

Silver

Post by NYAssociate » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:08 pm

Last edited by NYAssociate on Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EggShellPlaintiff

New

Post by EggShellPlaintiff » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:17 pm

I haven't gotten mine yet - did the CSO just send them via an email?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

toaster2

New

Post by toaster2 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:22 pm

Last edited by toaster2 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

doyleoil

Silver

Post by doyleoil » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:24 pm

toaster2 wrote:
NYAssociate wrote:Firms keep lists of how many screening interviews each candidate has, so it's easy to out them if on TLS with that info.
are you saying that cls provides each employer with a list of each interviewee's interviews with other firms (or just the total #)? that doesn't sound plausible. can you substantiate this?
sarcasm fail

Silver

Post by 12262010 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:25 pm

EggShellPlaintiff wrote:I haven't gotten mine yet - did the CSO just send them via an email?
symplicity

Machine Spirit

Bronze

Post by Machine Spirit » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:41 pm

NYAssociate wrote:
Firms keep lists of how many screening interviews each candidate has, so it's easy to out them if on TLS with that info.
Shrug. I suppose that'd be an issue if you've said something potentially embarrassing/incriminating on here.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:12 pm

Machine Spirit wrote:
NYAssociate wrote:
Firms keep lists of how many screening interviews each candidate has, so it's easy to out them if on TLS with that info.
Shrug. I suppose that'd be an issue if you've said something potentially embarrassing/incriminating on here.
Some of us have user names that other people know about, and maybe don't want other people to know how many interviews we have? It's a little awkward when other people have fewer interviews. No one wants to be outed as a lottery gunner.

Um, as for this post, I think I hit anonymous because I was going to say how many bids I have, but I decided not to. I'm too lazy to go back and change it.

NYAssociate

Silver

Post by NYAssociate » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:14 pm

Last edited by NYAssociate on Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Machine Spirit

Bronze

Post by Machine Spirit » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:23 pm

NYAssociate wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Some of us have user names that other people know about, and maybe don't want other people to know how many interviews we have? It's a little awkward when other people have fewer interviews. No one wants to be outed as a lottery gunner.

Um, as for this post, I think I hit anonymous because I was going to say how many bids I have, but I decided not to. I'm too lazy to go back and change it.
What does it take to be a lottery gunner? And who in their right mind would accuse you of being one? Do you even know what "lottery" means?
I guess he/she means someone who purposely ranked their bids on firms that don't receive a large number. Other than that though, man, people here are paranoid as hell.

NYAssociate

Silver

Post by NYAssociate » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:23 pm

Last edited by NYAssociate on Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Silver

Post by 12262010 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:25 pm

NYAssociate wrote:So he's worried about being hated on because he bid on firms no one wanted to bid on?

Am I the only one who thinks this is completely moronic???
+1

No one cares, or no one I've spoken to cares. This isn't like talking about grades.

Gold

Post by 270910 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:30 pm

Yeah, talking about # of interviews would only a party foul at schools that pre-screen I'd imagine. And even then, it's not like interviews are conducted in secret lairs where nobody knows you talked to the firm. Most schools post lists on the damn wall, at least the day of.

NYAssociate

Silver

Post by NYAssociate » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:31 pm

Last edited by NYAssociate on Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Machine Spirit

Bronze

Post by Machine Spirit » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:36 pm

NYAssociate wrote:All I know is that if someone accused me of being a "lottery gunner," I would question their intelligence.
That sounds just like the sort of thing one of those damn secret lottery gunners would say. I'm on to you...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:58 pm

NYAssociate wrote:So he's worried about being hated on because he bid on firms no one wanted to bid on?

To be fair, someone did start a thread around here the other day to complain about how much talking employment/interviews with friends bothered him. Apparently it adds to some people's stress to hear how many interviews others have gotten.

That said, I agree that it's silly. Isn't it impossible to be a lottery gunner anyway?

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:03 pm

dresden doll wrote:

To be fair, someone did start a thread around here the other day to complain about how much talking employment/interviews with friends bothered him. Apparently it adds to some people's stress to hear how many interviews others have gotten.

That said, I agree that it's silly. Isn't it impossible to be a lottery gunner anyway?
Nah. I spend a whole weekend eating only snacks to put my bid list together. It is epic.

EggShellPlaintiff

New

Post by EggShellPlaintiff » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:08 pm

thank you booya!

I got more than 15 but less than 20 - seems to be the average.

swc65

Silver

Post by swc65 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:16 pm

So does CLS take your grades/class rank into account at all during the lottery? Or is it really a simple lottery used only for ordering students' bid requests?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 270910 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:21 pm

swc65 wrote:So does CLS take your grades/class rank into account at all during the lottery? Or is it really a simple lottery used only for ordering students' bid requests?
No school takes your grades or class rank into account during the lottery - the term lottery means the opposite of taking grades into account. If grades matter, it's pre-select. To my knowledge no schools weight interview selection by grades - it's either 100% weighted by preference, or 100% up to the employer. If there is a 'mix' it just means some chosen one way and some in the other.

Machine Spirit

Bronze

Post by Machine Spirit » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:22 pm

swc65 wrote:So does CLS take your grades/class rank into account at all during the lottery? Or is it really a simple lottery used only for ordering students' bid requests?
The latter. But obviously students are going to be aware of their rank and how that translates to successful interview/callback opportunities.

olderapplicant

New

Post by olderapplicant » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Do firms ever interview candidates that may not have been selected via lottery? (outside of EIP)

swc65

Silver

Post by swc65 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:29 pm

disco_barred wrote:
No school takes your grades or class rank into account during the lottery - the term lottery means the opposite of taking grades into account. If grades matter, it's pre-select. To my knowledge no schools weight interview selection by grades - it's either 100% weighted by preference, or 100% up to the employer. If there is a 'mix' it just means some chosen one way and some in the other.

Oh ok thanks. 0L here, as you might have guessed, so I am still getting the lingo down.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”