loyola patent law fair

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

loyola patent law fair

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:17 pm

what'd they tell u guys @ callback timing?
nm here

Anonymous User

Re: loyola patent law fair

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:37 am

Man, if not a single interviewer told you how/when the next step happens, that does not bode very well for you.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:17 am

i was afraid that was the case....
how many told you, and what exactly did they say - so i can know what to look for at oci if i can improve my interviewing skills or something

Big Shrimpin

Postby Big Shrimpin » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:Man, if not a single interviewer told you how/when the next step happens, that does not bode very well for you.

Why so anonymous? And please, do explain. :roll:

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:36 pm

Big Shrimpin wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Man, if not a single interviewer told you how/when the next step happens, that does not bode very well for you.

Why so anonymous? And please, do explain. :roll:

Because, if you were the interviewer, you would not tell the interviewee about the next step if you weren't thinking about bringing that person in. The presence/absence of such a tell doesn't make or break the success of the first-round interview, of course, but it's a small tell that the interviewer is strongly considering bring you in again. He is thinking about it, so he will mention it to you, before you can even ask about it at the end of the interview.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:50 pm

Not every interviewer who is strongly considering bring you in again will mention that information. Some do, but others may not.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:04 pm

got my first CB offer via email @ 8:15am this morning

i'm the dood who had 22 interviews

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:46 pm

For the people who already have call backs, which firms are they with?

Also, I wouldn't worry about not hearing when to hear back by. I had interviews that went great where they didn't tell me, and I had interviews I know I am not getting a call back from where they did tell me. All it is indicative of is that the interviewer remembered to tell you. In fact, I would venture that if you got the interviewer so distracted talking to you that they ran out of time and forgot to tell you, that could be seen as a good indication you might get a callback.

Also, I want to hear peoples thought about the fair more generally. Any good stories? Firms that you really liked? Firms that set off alarm bells in your head when you talked to them? Great swag? How long it took you to figure out the only way to make interviews in time was to take the stairs?

For my part, Jones Day surprisingly gave me the heebies when I talked to them. There is just something... off about the people from that firm. Just from the fair, it does not seem like a place I want to work.

I think my favorite of the fair was Knobbe. The interviewer was a blast to talk to, and the firm seems like a fantastic place to work.

What did everyone else think?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For the people who already have call backs, which firms are they with?

Also, I wouldn't worry about not hearing when to hear back by. I had interviews that went great where they didn't tell me, and I had interviews I know I am not getting a call back from where they did tell me. All it is indicative of is that the interviewer remembered to tell you. In fact, I would venture that if you got the interviewer so distracted talking to you that they ran out of time and forgot to tell you, that could be seen as a good indication you might get a callback.

Also, I want to hear peoples thought about the fair more generally. Any good stories? Firms that you really liked? Firms that set off alarm bells in your head when you talked to them? Great swag? How long it took you to figure out the only way to make interviews in time was to take the stairs?

For my part, Jones Day surprisingly gave me the heebies when I talked to them. There is just something... off about the people from that firm. Just from the fair, it does not seem like a place I want to work.

I think my favorite of the fair was Knobbe. The interviewer was a blast to talk to, and the firm seems like a fantastic place to work.

What did everyone else think?

My interviewer from Blakely Solokoff (sp?) was literally falling asleep during my interview, LOL. Poor guy. It looked like he might have been working really late the night before my interview. So this was definitely a weird interview. I felt like I had to keep him going w/ a constant stream of questions all the way until the end of the interview.

I was also very impressed by the guy from Knobbe. California/west coast is not my top choice geographically, but it would be an interesting callback to go on.

The interviewer from Sterne Kessler was kind of... condescending? I dunno, I just had a weird feeling about that interview. He treated me like I should have been worshipping him. Maybe I should have? Who knows.

The Howrey, Akin Gump, and Alston interviewers were rockstars, all very laid back and professional. I felt like these interviews went very well.

My Klarquist interviewer literally skipped over me by talking with the guy before me through my time slot, but we just talked during lunch instead. He was a really nice guy and obviously took lots of time to answer questions.

The Goodwin Procter hospitality suite was a nice place to hang out and chat between interviews. Great swag, drinks, and goodies. My interview with them was okay, but I felt like the interviewer wasn't really set on picking me for a CB from the get go.

I have 1 CB with Hickman Palermo! Being the smallest firm at the LPIP, it should be quite a different experience going on the CB (i.e. meeting essentially half of the attorneys that work there instead of just 6 or 7 out of 1,000 attorneys).

edit: took out info about my worst interview
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:06 pm

I'd prefer not to talk about the interviews that I didn't really like. I found no problems with my Jones Day interview - maybe we were interviewing for different offices (I was interviewing for Atlanta). In addition to Jones Day, Proctor Gamble, Kenyon & Kenyon, and Cooley Godward Kronish struck me as great places to work. I really seemed to click with the interviewers in Foley, Quarles & Brady, and Baker Botts (Dallas). Also, very few interviewers told me when I could expect to hear back (we seemed to run out of time in nearly every interview; I think there were 2 firms that made sure to set aside time at the end of the interview to discuss this). Regarding the ongoing discussion about whether or not this is good or bad, I have no clue. I felt that most of my interviews went very well but I haven't heard back from any of them, so I don't really know.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:13 pm

Can you all enlighten me if you hear back only if you have a call back and after some time of not hearing you sort off just get that you weren't picked, or do you hear about rejections as well?

My interviewers, also didn't mention callbacks...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Can you all enlighten me if you hear back only if you have a call back and after some time of not hearing you sort off just get that you weren't picked, or do you hear about rejections as well?

My interviewers, also didn't mention callbacks...

I have 1 CB already and the interviewer said nothing about the possibility of recommending me for a CB during the screening interview, so I wouldn't worry about this. I believe firms contact you about rejections, although in some cases these rejections came many MONTHS after screening interviews last year from what I heard.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:03 am

anyone hear from firms this morning?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:24 am

The Goodwin Procter hospitality suite was a nice place to hang out and chat between interviews. Great swag, drinks, and goodies.

The Goodwin Procter hospitality suite was hands-down the best one at the fair. Extremely nice people running it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:13 pm

got 2nd CB. this time it's from a V100 firm

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:33 pm

does it seem like most ppl have started getting callbacks already? i know someone who got first one on friday of loyola... starting to get very nervous...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:40 pm

Dings are also going out. :shock:

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Dings are also going out. :shock:

Well thank god. :roll:

awesomepossum

Postby awesomepossum » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:54 pm

I wouldn't worry until you get a ding. Last year I got callbacks from the last day of PLIP until weeks later.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:05 pm

I got two CBs today (both V100), 1 ding today (also V100), and 1 CB on Saturday (small firm).
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wiseowl

Postby wiseowl » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
The Goodwin Procter hospitality suite was a nice place to hang out and chat between interviews. Great swag, drinks, and goodies.

The Goodwin Procter hospitality suite was hands-down the best one at the fair. Extremely nice people running it.

+1

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:24 am

I got my first callback yesterday and it's scheduled for next week. That's the only reply I've had.

I have no idea how they are making these decisions. The callback I got was from the very first interview I had at 930 on Thurs morning, and in all honesty I thought it was one of my worst performances. I guess there is an element of luck to it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:40 am

from the only callback I've gotten, it was clear the decision was made before we got to Chicago. i think in that situation the screening interview is truly just to make sure you aren't completely incapable of interpersonal communication.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:54 am

To the people getting callbacks: are most of them coming via email or phone call?

Postby 270910 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:56 am

Ugh, I hate having to do two of these.
Last edited by 270910 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Legal Employment”