Smaller Firms / Smaller Markets Mass Mail

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
phishskier41

Smaller Firms / Smaller Markets Mass Mail

Postby phishskier41 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:36 pm

I had a quick question about timing and when to mass mail small to mid size law firms not in major markets (Think Charleston, Savannah, Jacksonville). I am transferring in to Emory and am planning to mail smaller firms in these cities to hopefully set something up for the summer. Obviously with journal write on and moot court competition for transfers coming up I will not know if I can get on to one of these. Additionally, I know that a lot of firms can be scepticle of transfers with no grades at there new school.

Do you think its better to mass mail as early as possible, like early August? Wait for the results of the competitions probably early september? or wait till the spring for the smaller firms?

Thanks for the help.

HAMBONE

Re: Smaller Firms / Smaller Markets Mass Mail

Postby HAMBONE » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:06 pm

phishskier41 wrote:I had a quick question about timing and when to mass mail small to mid size law firms not in major markets (Think Charleston, Savannah, Jacksonville). I am transferring in to Emory and am planning to mail smaller firms in these cities to hopefully set something up for the summer. Obviously with journal write on and moot court competition for transfers coming up I will not know if I can get on to one of these. Additionally, I know that a lot of firms can be scepticle of transfers with no grades at there new school.

Do you think its better to mass mail as early as possible, like early August? Wait for the results of the competitions probably early september? or wait till the spring for the smaller firms?

Thanks for the help.

You should be sending applications now. you can update your application when you find out the competition results

Return to “Legal Employment”