Transactional Practice - What are you?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
APHill

Transactional Practice - What are you?

Postby APHill » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:58 pm

I hear a lot about transactional practices - I understand that those would mainly include M&A, possibly tax (including tax for M&A I guess), contracts.... Can people input and discuss the full spectrum of what is considered a transactional practice?

Re: Transactional Practice - What are you?

Postby 270910 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:04 am

Basically anything that isn't litigation. Deals, structuring, finance, mergers & acquisitions, advising corporations, etc. Anything about which a business venture needs advice. "Say, how do we issue this security without having the 10-ton hammer of the SEC rain down upon us?" etc. Basically if it's not litigation, it's considered transactional. There are plenty more ways to subdivide it, but that's the gist of it. Chambers & Associate has some fabulous practice area summaries online you can read for an overview of some other large practice areas.

Return to “Legal Employment”