OCI Chance from T2? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

OCI Chance from T2?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:06 am

Hi all,
I am at a Tier 2 school that is the second best LS in my state, which is home to a middle-to-large-sized legal market. There is one Top-25 school in my state. Traditionally, my school places well in hiring because of its alumni base.

I rank in the top 12% after 1L. No law review (but earned A's in Contracts and Legal Writing (and highest final memo)). I have interned 1 year prior to LS in a Fortune50 corporate legal department and have a good business background.

Do I have any chance at OCI this fall, especially Big Law, in the areas of corporate law?

Thanks!!

seespotrun

Gold

Re: OCI Chance from T2?

Post by seespotrun » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:Hi all,
I am at a Tier 2 school that is the second best LS in my state, which is home to a middle-to-large-sized legal market. There is one Top-25 school in my state. Traditionally, my school places well in hiring because of its alumni base.

I rank in the top 12% after 1L. No law review (but earned A's in Contracts and Legal Writing (and highest final memo)). I have interned 1 year prior to LS in a Fortune50 corporate legal department and have a good business background.

Do I have any chance at OCI this fall, especially Big Law, in the areas of corporate law?

Thanks!!
There are too many variables to know for sure. If I were you, I'd hedge. You aren't out of the running for landing a job, but I would focus on avenues outside of OCI. In short, don't count on OCI.

Gold

Post by 270910 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:25 am

I don't really get these threads. OCI is happening at your school and you beat 88% of the students in your class. Give it a shot! Your odds aren't looking great, but none of ours are these days. What can you do? Full speed ahead!

thechee

Bronze

Post by thechee » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:36 am

William Mitchell?

thexfactor

Silver

Post by thexfactor » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:03 pm

Yea that is my guess too. Or ST Louis U.
thechee wrote:William Mitchell?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thechee

Bronze

Post by thechee » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:18 am

thexfactor wrote:Yea that is my guess too. Or ST Louis U.
thechee wrote:William Mitchell?
Although technically SLU is no longer a T2, no?

Kobe_Teeth

Silver

Post by Kobe_Teeth » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:34 am

Tennessee?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”