reasonable amount of hours for fall internship? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Silver

reasonable amount of hours for fall internship?

Post by 12262010 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:29 am

so, I just got offered a paid internship. do you guys think 20 hours a week is feasible? my other option is taking an unpaid position that is 10 hours a week. the paid position pays $20/hour.

bex

New

Re: reasonable amount of hours for fall internship?

Post by bex » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:47 am

Do you have to work 20 hours/week or are they flexible to you working less?

It probably depends on your school schedule -- are you full time or part time, are you on LR/journal, moot court, or on the board of any organization? Also, what's the commute time to/from the job and school?

20 hours/week on top of a full schedule may be a little overkill, but the money would be nice.

Silver

Post by 12262010 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:50 am

bex wrote:Do you have to work 20 hours/week or are they flexible to you working less?

It probably depends on your school schedule -- are you full time or part time, are you on LR/journal, moot court, or on the board of any organization? Also, what's the commute time to/from the job and school?

20 hours/week on top of a full schedule may be a little overkill, but the money would be nice.
I think 20 hours is required because the money is from the government and has some specifications attached to it. I just E-mailed to ask, though.

I'm in school full time and I'm on a secondary journal. It doesn't seem like the journal will take up more than a few hours a week. The commute is a short subway ride, probably 20 minutes tops.

edit:
I'm allowed to do some work at home/on weekends. I guess I'll take the job?

bex

New

Post by bex » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:15 am

booyakasha wrote:
bex wrote:Do you have to work 20 hours/week or are they flexible to you working less?

I think 20 hours is required because the money is from the government and has some specifications attached to it. I just E-mailed to ask, though.

I'm in school full time and I'm on a secondary journal. It doesn't seem like the journal will take up more than a few hours a week. The commute is a short subway ride, probably 20 minutes tops.

edit:
I'm allowed to do some work at home/on weekends. I guess I'll take the job?
I would, if you think you can handle the work. Congrats!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”