0L here--what happens to those that finish below median? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Matthies

Silver

Re: 0L here--what happens to those that finish below median?

Post by Matthies » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:15 pm

PKSebben wrote:
Matthies wrote:
PKSebben wrote:
BaronDetroit wrote:C'mon...I just gave a fair, thoughtful and balanced response with a FRCP Rule that was on point and cited 2 cases. Yet, the other side here still wants to make this (in my view) ridiculous claim that numbers on a transcript or a name of a school equates to a plausible entitlement to relief in terms of employment arising out of a legal education.
Please explain how federal pleading standards are applicable to your argument. I really think you are flame, but you post from an AOL IP address, and your previous posts are about which TTT you should attend. I just can't figure you out, mang.
I think, and I'm surely no civil procedure expert, but the argument me might be trying to make is that after Iqbal (successor to Bell Atlantic aka twombly) is no longer limited to anti-trust, but any competition claim.

Here he seems to be arguing that if someone was to claim "entilment" to a legal job based on grades/school it would have to be proven as fact that an ABA JD degree entitles one to something more because of school/grades than otherwise. Which can't be proven as fact for a Rule 8 pleading, and would, I guess, he is trying to assert would be a legal allegation and therefore not well pleaded?

That's about the only argument, competion/fact/legal concussion i could draw from citing the cases and Rule 8 as to the "Yet, the other side here still wants to make this (in my view) ridiculous claim that numbers on a transcript or a name of a school equates to a plausible entitlement to relief in terms of employment arising out of a legal education."

Its not the argument i would make, but again civ pro ain't my thing. Lets talk about something everyone enjoys like NEPA.
Iqbal applies Twombly to all federal causes of action. The core holding of both cases is that Plaintiff must proffer "enough fact to raise a reasonable expectation that discovery will reveal evidence of illegal agreement." I'm assuming what this retard means is "if this were a legal argument, you haven't even pleaded the requisite specific facts to survive a MTD under the Twombly standard." He's getting there by saying there are no promises (and therefore no "entitlement") to anything when one holds a JD from any school.

The whole thing is totally retarded. Especially when the major beef in this thread is that the law schools may be presenting misleading employment statistics and inducing students to drop 150k based on such information. And to go along with the stupid message board argument as legal argument shtick, there is enough evidence in this thread (counting non-law jobs in these stats, not revealing the percent responded, providing the median salary instead of the mean) to at least get to discovery.
Put the barbri book down, go outside. :P

Matthies

Silver

Re: 0L here--what happens to those that finish below median?

Post by Matthies » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:28 pm

PKSebben wrote:I'm doing pretty well on the MBE questions, but I guess a fair amount of the time and get it right. This normal? Can I leave the MBE early? I usually take like 1/2 the time.
Yea, guessing and getting them right is normal, but I would not really calling it guessing, its something more ackin to I dunno, gut instinct, you know enough to know one answer just seems more right than the other 3, and you go with it. Its like the Force, go with your gut if your not sure and more often than not, for some reason, you will be right. Not sure about your state, but I doubt you can leave early. Here you could finish early and go in anouther room, but could not leave the building, then at 5 min call you had to go back to your seat so they could collect everything (which you had to gie your test to protocr before you went into the done room, then get in back, then go back to seat). Take the extra time to check for missbulbling, I circled answers in the book so i could double check, found two I confused (B/D bad for dyslecixs anywayw)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”