Yale Rising 2L: Where should I bid for OCI?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Yale Rising 2L: Where should I bid for OCI?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:01 am

Want to work in D.C. or California.

Finished the year with solid (non-)grades (above median).

On the main law journal and a secondary law journal.

I want to work at a top litigation firm.

I have been doing my own research into firms, but I am especially interested if people have firsthand knowledge of what firms are doing the best in this economy. I would love to hear from people now working for firms in DC or Cali for the 2L-3L summer.

rajesh88
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Yale Rising 2L: Where should I bid for OCI?

Postby rajesh88 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:Want to work in D.C. or California.

Finished the year with solid (non-)grades (above median).

On the main law journal and a secondary law journal.

I want to work at a top litigation firm.

I have been doing my own research into firms, but I am especially interested if people have firsthand knowledge of what firms are doing the best in this economy. I would love to hear from people now working for firms in DC or Cali for the 2L-3L summer.

W&C

User avatar
dood
Posts: 1639
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:59 am

Re: Yale Rising 2L: Where should I bid for OCI?

Postby dood » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:15 am

...
Last edited by dood on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mallard
Posts: 1092
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:45 am

Re: Yale Rising 2L: Where should I bid for OCI?

Postby mallard » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:17 am

Munger, Irell, Keker, W&C, Covington, Gibson Dunn DC, Hogan & whoever it is now DC, Mayer Brown DC, WilmerHale DC, Kirkland DC, Jenner DC, Cleary DC, Skadden DC, etc.

rajesh88
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Yale Rising 2L: Where should I bid for OCI?

Postby rajesh88 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:17 am

mallard wrote:Munger, Irell, Keker, W&C, Covington, Gibson Dunn DC, Hogan & whoever it is now DC, Mayer Brown DC, WilmerHale DC, Kirkland DC, Jenner DC, Cleary DC, Skadden DC, etc.

ummmmm

User avatar
dood
Posts: 1639
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:59 am

Re: Yale Rising 2L: Where should I bid for OCI?

Postby dood » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:18 am

...
Last edited by dood on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
D-ROCCA
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 10:14 pm

Re: Yale Rising 2L: Where should I bid for OCI?

Postby D-ROCCA » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:21 am

i bet hartson is pissed...

rajesh88
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Yale Rising 2L: Where should I bid for OCI?

Postby rajesh88 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:42 am

talk to voight

User avatar
Veyron
Posts: 3598
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:50 am

Re: Yale Rising 2L: Where should I bid for OCI?

Postby Veyron » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:49 am

Maybe i'm an idiot, but isn't Susman CA clearly credited for California litigation? I thought the reason that it isn't usualy discussed is that so few people have the numbers for it (but OP seems to).

User avatar
mallard
Posts: 1092
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:45 am

Re: Yale Rising 2L: Where should I bid for OCI?

Postby mallard » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:51 am

Veyron wrote:Maybe i'm an idiot, but isn't Susman CA clearly credited for California litigation? I thought the reason that it isn't usualy discussed is that so few people have the numbers for it (but OP seems to).


That office hires at most one associate every year, usually none.

User avatar
Veyron
Posts: 3598
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:50 am

Re: Yale Rising 2L: Where should I bid for OCI?

Postby Veyron » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:53 am

mallard wrote:
Veyron wrote:Maybe i'm an idiot, but isn't Susman CA clearly credited for California litigation? I thought the reason that it isn't usualy discussed is that so few people have the numbers for it (but OP seems to).


That office hires at most one associate every year, usually none.


I guess it would fall into the category of ideal if possible. Isn't it worth a try with those #'s though?

User avatar
mallard
Posts: 1092
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:45 am

Re: Yale Rising 2L: Where should I bid for OCI?

Postby mallard » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:55 am

Veyron wrote:
mallard wrote:
Veyron wrote:Maybe i'm an idiot, but isn't Susman CA clearly credited for California litigation? I thought the reason that it isn't usualy discussed is that so few people have the numbers for it (but OP seems to).


That office hires at most one associate every year, usually none.


I guess it would fall into the category of ideal if possible. Isn't it worth a try with those #'s though?


If they hire summer associates, sure, but there's a significant chance they only hire people coming out of clerkships or their other offices.

NYAssociate
Posts: 713
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Yale Rising 2L: Where should I bid for OCI?

Postby NYAssociate » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:55 am

.
Last edited by NYAssociate on Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

westbayguy
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 6:41 pm

Re: Yale Rising 2L: Where should I bid for OCI?

Postby westbayguy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:04 pm

D-ROCCA wrote:i bet hartson is pissed...


Isn't it now Lovell who should be pissed?

User avatar
mallard
Posts: 1092
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:45 am

Re: Yale Rising 2L: Where should I bid for OCI?

Postby mallard » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:05 pm

westbayguy wrote:
D-ROCCA wrote:i bet hartson is pissed...


Isn't it now Lovell who should be pissed?


Right. I knew Hartson, but not the new one. Anyway, nice bump; wonder where this guy ends up.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.