Healthcare Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
calbearsboy

New

Healthcare Law

Post by calbearsboy » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:05 am

My ultimate goal is to be a General Counsel of a healthcare system. Having looked into the job requirements, it seems that a minimum of 5-7 years of healthcare law experience is required. I'm assuming that corporate law wouldn't suffice in this situation? Also, what are some of the most prestigious healthcare law firms? It seems like healthcare law is so broad and that most top firms don't have a practice in this area..

theghostofDrewTate

New

Re: Healthcare Law

Post by theghostofDrewTate » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:31 am

calbearsboy wrote:My ultimate goal is to be a General Counsel of a healthcare system. Having looked into the job requirements, it seems that a minimum of 5-7 years of healthcare law experience is required. I'm assuming that corporate law wouldn't suffice in this situation? Also, what are some of the most prestigious healthcare law firms? It seems like healthcare law is so broad and that most top firms don't have a practice in this area..
McDermott is good in this space. You'd probably need a lot more than 5-7 years to be the GC in any really large system.

calbearsboy

New

Post by calbearsboy » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:03 am

Thanks for the input. Are there any other firms that are particularly good in this space?

TheTopBloke

Bronze

Post by TheTopBloke » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:06 am

calbearsboy wrote:My ultimate goal is to be a General Counsel of a healthcare system. Having looked into the job requirements, it seems that a minimum of 5-7 years of healthcare law experience is required. I'm assuming that corporate law wouldn't suffice in this situation? Also, what are some of the most prestigious healthcare law firms? It seems like healthcare law is so broad and that most top firms don't have a practice in this area..
DIE BUG DIE!!!

Anonymous User

Your future?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:11 am

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:27 am

Yah, but he ended up with this chick:

So life can't suck THAT much.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”