Loyola Patent - Resume/Transfer/Journal Updates?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
yellowjacket2012

Loyola Patent - Resume/Transfer/Journal Updates?

Postby yellowjacket2012 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:57 pm

I don't want to bury this in the patent "result" thread, so hope this is cool.

Are you guys planning on contacting your alternatives, and even your pre-selects and emailing them your updated resumes, transcripts, and journal results "as they stream in," or are you going to email them a few days before the fair? Or are you just going to show up in person with a brand new resume with a different GPA, and journal results?

I just got into a couple of transfer programs, am waiting on my home school's law review results, and have obviously not had a chance to turn in my Spring grades, and I'm not sure whether I should just sit on all of this and throw it all at them during the interview. Not sure what the protocol is, don't want to annoy any firm with redundant e-mails. Wonder if e-mailing my alternates is going to make them move me up the list if they like my Spring performance, any thoughts?

Bosque

Re: Loyola Patent - Resume/Transfer/Journal Updates?

Postby Bosque » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:51 pm

I am pretty sure that we are supposed to just show up the day of with the updated stuff... but I am not sure. I think it says on the website though.

yellowjacket2012

Re: Loyola Patent - Resume/Transfer/Journal Updates?

Postby yellowjacket2012 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:57 pm

Bosque wrote:I am pretty sure that we are supposed to just show up the day of with the updated stuff... but I am not sure. I think it says on the website though.

looking at website, no cigar; are we not permitted to? that seems weird

Return to “Legal Employment”