Working During 2L&3L Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
bmontminy

Bronze

Working During 2L&3L

Post by bmontminy » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:05 pm

While I have no plans on working during 1L, I have been told by a couple individuals going to my particular law school (UT) that it is possible to get part time 20hr/wk work with firms making as much as 30$/hour. While I don't doubt the people who told me this, I have to assume this is a exception moreso than the rule. Are these jobs really there to be had without strong connections? Or if I wish to work part-time will i be looking at a 10$/hr job just as a 0L would?

Anonymous User

Re: Working During 2L&3L

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:25 pm

I am working at a place this summer that is paying me $25 an hour plus overtime (company legal counsel) and they already told me I could work there during the year part time...so yeah, they are out there. But I would say that it is an exception. Might have decent luck at a small firm or if you're into tax seasonal tax law firm work during the school year.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”