Chances of BigLaw in NY, or Transfer?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273396
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Chances of BigLaw in NY, or Transfer?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:12 pm

I'm currently at T2 in New York, in the top 10% with Law Review, and I have a judicial internship for this summer. I have applied to transfer to NYU/CLS. While I'm not sure if I will get in, I'm still not sure if I would transfer at all, since there's a strong possibility of getting $$ at my school, and I feel comfortable there. I've read all the TLS stuff on transferring, and looked at transferapps data as well, and I'm still confused. ITE, should I stay at my school, and hope that my stats will make me stand out, or a take a chance and lose my GPA at a better school?

Also, If I do decide to stay at my school, where should I be bidding? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

rando
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:57 pm

Re: Chances of BigLaw in NY, or Transfer?

Postby rando » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm currently at T2 in New York, in the top 10% with Law Review, and I have a judicial internship for this summer. I have applied to transfer to NYU/CLS. While I'm not sure if I will get in, I'm still not sure if I would transfer at all, since there's a strong possibility of getting $$ at my school, and I feel comfortable there. I've read all the TLS stuff on transferring, and looked at transferapps data as well, and I'm still confused. ITE, should I stay at my school, and hope that my stats will make me stand out, or a take a chance and lose my GPA at a better school?

Also, If I do decide to stay at my school, where should I be bidding? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!


I'm not the biggest transfer cheerleader but that might be your best bet here. Though I'm not sure NYU or CLS are on the table, top 10% is certainly no lock for NY biglaw from a T2.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.