top third Emory

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

top third Emory

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:42 pm

Top third at Emory. Interested in working in Atlanta, NYC, DC, and the Carolinas.

Advice on where to bid? I will of course be doing targeted mailings to local mid-firms in Atlanta and other firms I have a connection to in my home state. I also realize top-third at a T20-25 school is no guarantee for BIGLAW. Where do you think I should try focusing my bids? V75-100?

Grizz

Re: top third Emory

Postby Grizz » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:53 pm

PM a guy named rando. He's an Emory student.

nealric

Postby nealric » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:52 pm

Where do you think I should try focusing my bids? V75-100?

I would say non-vault firms that have a history of taking a lot of Emory grads.

simplyelle

Postby simplyelle » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:13 pm

You know that we don't really "bid" at Emory, right? You can apply to every single OCI listing. So you don't really have to focus your bidding, at least for OCI. Obviously, your question still applies in general to where you should apply outside of OCI. Just wanted to let you know in case you didn't! Our school is weird like that. :)

Return to “Legal Employment”