How much do secondary journals help for MVP OCI? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How much do secondary journals help for MVP OCI?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:26 am

~ top 1/3. We compete/write onto secondary journals. I got onto secondaries. Did not apply for law review. How much do secondaries help at OCI, if at all?

Anonymous User

Re: How much do secondary journals help for MVP OCI?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:55 am

I'm guessing not much? Is there any benefit in doing multiple journals?

lawschoollll

Bronze

Post by lawschoollll » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:01 am

At a few ASWs for smaller schools I went to (huge grain of salt obviously), some 2Ls told me "if you want a secondary journal, you can have one," which carried with it the implication that if you don't get on one, that might actually be frowned upon, or at least asked about, at OCI. So, which of MVP might actually make a difference.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:02 am

lawschoollll wrote:At a few ASWs for smaller schools I went to (huge grain of salt obviously), some 2Ls told me "if you want a secondary journal, you can have one," which carried with it the implication that if you don't get on one, that might actually be frowned upon, or at least asked about, at OCI. So, which of MVP might actually make a difference.
This might make it obvious which one I'm talking about, but I believe around 35% to 40% of 2Ls and 3Ls here are on a journal of some kind.

Also, does it matter to employers which journals, subject-matter wise, I choose to pursue?

(I know that at smaller schools like NU, almost everyone is on a journal.)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”