How Long after offer do you have to accept?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How Long after offer do you have to accept?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:11 am

I ask because what if you receive an offer but still have a bunch of callbacks later on in the week/month. Do they expect you to accept on the spot?

thesealocust

Re: How Long after offer do you have to accept?

Postby thesealocust » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:11 pm

edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:27 pm

This is good to know. I have heard there are special provisions for pre-OCI offers - that there is something tied to the start date of OCI at your school? I couldn't seem to find it in the NALP guidelines. Does anyone know if such a provision even exists?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:45 pm

I got an offer for a 2L SA position in April of 1L year. They were required to leave it open until mid-September b/c of NALP guidelines, although I am not sure exactly how the deadline was calculated. But I am pretty sure they have to give you some sort of opportunity to do OCI if you get a pre-OCI offer.

Return to “Legal Employment”