Rising 2Ls: Purchase the Guerilla Guide to Getting the Legal Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
arhmcpo

Bronze

Re: Rising 2Ls: Purchase the Guerilla Guide to Getting the Legal

Post by arhmcpo » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:44 pm

Just ordered but its taking like 3 weeks to get to me! The sales pitch on this thread totally sold me btw. Hopefully I can just read it on my lunch break at my summer internship and actually finish it.
Mr. Matlock wrote:Just got my copy! :D

Fuck tomitude.... the thing is FUCKING HUGE!!!! :lol:
So Matlock - did you decide where your going next year or what?! I've been gone a couple weeks working so I haven't been keeping stalker-ish tabs on you in all the SoCal "Waiting" threads.

Person

Bronze

Post by Person » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:17 am

One of the reviews says that he suggests you do contract work in order to get into a big firm and then try to get a full-time gig there. That sounds like very fail to me.

Matthies

Silver

Post by Matthies » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:38 am

Person wrote:One of the reviews says that he suggests you do contract work in order to get into a big firm and then try to get a full-time gig there. That sounds like very fail to me.
The author is female, Kimm Walton, maby the review did not catch that, in which case, maybe they are not the type of person even this book could help

BobSacamano

Bronze

Post by BobSacamano » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:50 am

I'm doing research for a professor this summer. I looked up this book in my school's library catalog and it turns out the book was on the shelf right next to where I sit. I don't know why I find that funny (or... a sign?)

But it's the 1st edition, published in 1998. Not sure how helpful this will be now. Also, there's a big fat book by the same author called "America's Greatest Places to Work With a Law Degree." My professor is out of the office today so I think I know what I'll be doing instead of research!

Person

Bronze

Post by Person » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:26 am

Matthies wrote:
Person wrote:One of the reviews says that he suggests you do contract work in order to get into a big firm and then try to get a full-time gig there. That sounds like very fail to me.
The author is female, Kimm Walton, maby the review did not catch that, in which case, maybe they are not the type of person even this book could help
Yeah, that does not really answer the criticism. And I have not read the book, so the fact I did not know it was a woman is not that interesting.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Matthies

Silver

Post by Matthies » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:31 am

Person wrote:
Matthies wrote:
Yeah, that does not really answer the criticism. And I have not read the book, so the fact I did not know it was a woman is not that interesting.
Um the point is the reviewer did not know the author is female, which is kind of hard to miss if you do read the book, But feel free not to, its a decent book I think, better than most advice you will get about the job search.

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:39 am

Bump. Buy this shit.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”