All this talk about Biglaw... But what about Midlaw????

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
thesealocust

Re: All this talk about Biglaw... But what about Midlaw????

Postby thesealocust » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:21 am

edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

underdawg

Postby underdawg » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:23 am

don't argue with renzo please. dude argued over what w&c means for like half a thread once. which was completely academic because those firms are never mentioned in the same context except "oh hey which firms have the initials w and c?"
Last edited by underdawg on Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:23 am

thesealocust wrote:85% of the attorneys that work for NLJ 250 firms work at firms with 6 figure starting salaries, and a sizable portion of the remaining attorneys come from firms that did not report starting salaries. Over half of all attorneys starting at NLJ 250 firms were recruited from the top 14 law schools. Not many law firms have thousands of lawyers.

So I can keep using the NLJ 250 as a proxy for the number of "biglaw" jobs?

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:25 am

underdawg wrote:don't argue with renzo please. dude argued over what w&c means for like half a thread once

And I still feel a little bad about it.

In my own defense, I did give fair warning at the beginning of that abomination of a thread. If I recall, my wife was being a rag and I was looking for a fight.

Return to “Legal Employment”