Top 4% MPV - Where to bid?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Top 4% MPV - Where to bid?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:39 pm

Suggestions for bidding?

Top 4% at MVP, non-traditional work experience/background, good interviewer

Aiming for DC or NYC and I want to do litigation. Also, I would prefer an intellectual/laid back atmosphere over a fratty atmosphere.

underdawg

Re: Top 4% MPV - Where to bid?

Postby underdawg » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:48 pm

probably skadden on down. don't underbid, a V50 will assume that they're just a safety for you and that interview will be more about you having to convince them you actually like them for some weird reason (but if you actually do like a firm like that, by all means bid on 'em). debevoise is the firm i've heard the most about being either "intellectual" or "super nerdy" depending on who you ask. kirkland is supposedly kinda ALPHA. i think my milbank interviewer at OCI went out of his way to talk about how fratty firms are dumb, so i guess they aren't fratty.

if you are set on lit, i think boies schiller and quinn emanuel could be good choices. i would take a wild guess and venture that boies schiller-armonk (their HQ!) is not excessively rowdy! it's in ARMONK

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:02 pm

Edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

markymark

Postby markymark » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:28 pm

Seriously you are a good interviewer and top 4% at MVP.

You have a shot everywhere. Does that mean you are guaranteed an offer at W&C DC? Of course not. Is it worth a shot? Of course.

traumba

Postby traumba » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:39 pm

Subtle Penn trolling.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:45 pm

traumba wrote:Subtle Penn trolling.

This was anonymous. I removed the anonymity because it clearly does not contain sensitive, legal employment-related information. Please see the rules at the top of the forum regarding anonymous posting. As a reminder, those who abuse the anonymous feature can and will have their identity outed, and possibly face harsher actions as well.

NYAssociate

Postby NYAssociate » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:55 pm

Last edited by NYAssociate on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:56 pm

vanwinkle wrote:

This was anonymous. I removed the anonymity because it clearly does not contain sensitive, legal employment-related information. Please see the rules at the top of the forum regarding anonymous posting. As a reminder, those who abuse the anonymous feature can and will have their identity outed, and possibly face harsher actions as well.

Isn't it still anonymous? Its obviously your call, but I don't think its silly or abusive for OP to want to keep his/her grades and school private when getting advice for bids.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:56 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:

Isn't it still anonymous? Its obviously your call, but I don't think its silly or abusive for OP to want to keep his/her grades and school private when getting advice for bids.

He meant the post he quoted.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:57 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:

I meant the "Subtle Penn trolling" comment was originally posted anonymously. OP's comment is legitimate and an appropriate use of the anonymous feature.

TTT-LS

Postby TTT-LS » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:57 pm

Last edited by TTT-LS on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

traumba

Postby traumba » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:04 pm

Didn't realize I hit anon. Take ourselves pretty serious around here.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:09 pm

traumba wrote:Didn't realize I hit anon. Take ourselves pretty serious around here.

--ImageRemoved--

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:19 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:

I meant the "Subtle Penn trolling" comment was originally posted anonymously. OP's comment is legitimate and an appropriate use of the anonymous feature.

oooooooooooooh. I was quite confused, but in retrospect, should have figured out what you were saying.

NYAssociate

Postby NYAssociate » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:20 pm

Last edited by NYAssociate on Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

underdawg

Postby underdawg » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:22 pm

it's taken quite a while for this to rise in my give-a-fuck-o-mometer, but why do people care if some idiot posted "subtle penn trolling" anonymously. i mean...who cares? not me.

anyway, give-a-fuck-o-mometer back to zero. good thing some of y'all have the ole 'mometer on a trigger hair tho

Return to “Legal Employment”