Consulting?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Consulting?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:44 pm

So consulting pays more than BigLaw? Hmmmm....

Wish I realized that a while back. Is there a general "personality type" comparison between biglaw, ibanking and consulting?

miamiman
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: Consulting?

Postby miamiman » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So consulting pays more than BigLaw? Hmmmm....

Wish I realized that a while back. Is there a general "personality type" comparison between biglaw, ibanking and consulting?


Likes money

Renzo
Posts: 4265
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:23 am

Re: Consulting?

Postby Renzo » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:58 pm

miamiman wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So consulting pays more than BigLaw? Hmmmm....

Wish I realized that a while back. Is there a general "personality type" comparison between biglaw, ibanking and consulting?


Likes money

I'd break it down into A) likes money, has people skills, B) likes money, understands math and C) likes money, and does neither.

miamiman
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: Consulting?

Postby miamiman » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:03 pm

Renzo wrote:
miamiman wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So consulting pays more than BigLaw? Hmmmm....

Wish I realized that a while back. Is there a general "personality type" comparison between biglaw, ibanking and consulting?


Likes money

I'd break it down into A) likes money, has people skills, B) likes money, understands math and C) likes money, and does neither.


I know far too many ibankers that have 0 people skills.

And consulting requires no real math skills. Just fake ability as expressed through cases. Really, and I'm not kidding here, all that's required of consultants is the ability to bullshit well when asked, keep their mouth shut otherwise, and monkey PPT like it's nobody's business. Emphasis on monkeying PPT.

Ibanking requires some brains but mostly just the rare ability to function normally in the absence of any sleep whatsoever.

In these respects, law, banking, and consulting do overlap nicely.

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8448
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: Consulting?

Postby thesealocust » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:04 pm

edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miamiman
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: Consulting?

Postby miamiman » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:05 pm

thesealocust wrote:The RC is strong with this one.


I understand that Renzo presented discrete options. I'm just commenting generally.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.