DOJ/AUSA career question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
tortbook

DOJ/AUSA career question

Postby tortbook » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:07 pm

How easy is it to transfer from one DOJ/AUSA office to another, after putting in a few years experience? Thinking of moving from the west to the east coast in a few years. Does anyone know anyone who has been able to pull this off? Probably next to impossible...

Anonymous User

Re: DOJ/AUSA career question

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:50 pm

Bump

ggocat

Postby ggocat » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:03 pm

It's definitely easier than transferring from a firm office to another firm office because you don't have a partner who is trying to hero you as his personal associate. I've known several people who went dc to regional.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:37 pm

Dunno how common it is, but I've seen anecdotal evidence. I knew an AUSA originally from the east coast who spent a few years in SD Cal and then later transferred to a district on the east coast for family reasons.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:21 pm

Thanks for the replies. It seems that it may be possible to lateral from an office in a larger city (perhaps a more prestigious USAO), but what about the opposite?

I would assume that transferring from X fly-over USAO to SDNY is difficult to impossible. But what about X USAO in California to USAO in LA, for example?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:33 pm

bump

Return to “Legal Employment”