Finally got a 1L job, wohoo!

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Finally got a 1L job, wohoo!

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:06 pm

Thanks Vanwinkle, Ozark. :)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Finally got a 1L job, wohoo!

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:47 pm

Any other comments about my asking about pay? Mr. Matlock put me at ease but I am obsessive about this kind of crap, so make me feel even better people. :wink:

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Finally got a 1L job, wohoo!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:46 am

Bumpage. Please tell me I'm being paid. It's a logical inference, right? :)

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Finally got a 1L job, wohoo!

Postby romothesavior » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:50 am

You're being paid. If you already asked them, I'm sure they will email you back tomorrow and tell you how much.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Finally got a 1L job, wohoo!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:52 am

romothesavior wrote:You're being paid. If you already asked them, I'm sure they will email you back tomorrow and tell you how much.

I hope so, haha, but it was like he emailed me, then I emailed him right back and got nothing back.....the silence is scary man. It was around the time it seems they would call it a night though, so I'm probably overreacting. Thanks for the "making me feel better" ness.

User avatar
Haribo
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:47 pm

Re: Finally got a 1L job, wohoo!

Postby Haribo » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:Hmmm.....odds are most of the regulars will know who I am right off the bat, but I'll try to keep some anonymity here:

t3/4 school, top 10% (at least). Got this job a very strange way. I knew somebody that used this firm before and she said some really great things about the founding attorney. I contacted the attorney and he set me up w/ an interview. Mass mailing, emailing, everything else did not work for me, yet contacting an attorney who I had no relationship w/ but we had a common person between us worked. Haha, go figure. This firm is awesome btw and I couldn't really think of a better place to intern this summer.

Anyway, it is a botique law firm with about 10 attorneys.


I like how you describe getting the job as a "very strange way" when it's textbook networking :P Congrats!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Finally got a 1L job, wohoo!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:20 am

Haribo wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Hmmm.....odds are most of the regulars will know who I am right off the bat, but I'll try to keep some anonymity here:

t3/4 school, top 10% (at least). Got this job a very strange way. I knew somebody that used this firm before and she said some really great things about the founding attorney. I contacted the attorney and he set me up w/ an interview. Mass mailing, emailing, everything else did not work for me, yet contacting an attorney who I had no relationship w/ but we had a common person between us worked. Haha, go figure. This firm is awesome btw and I couldn't really think of a better place to intern this summer.

Anyway, it is a botique law firm with about 10 attorneys.


I like how you describe getting the job as a "very strange way" when it's textbook networking :P Congrats!


I guess so but it just seems so weird that I could just randomly contact a firm where someone I knew was a client and them interview me for a job, just like that, whereas all of the traditional methods failed me.....and I have good grades! Haha.

User avatar
DavidYurman85
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:55 am

Re: Finally got a 1L job, wohoo!

Postby DavidYurman85 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:Bumpage. Please tell me I'm being paid. It's a logical inference, right? :)


if they mentioned payroll, then you're getting paid.

0L - but i've worked in hr before, fwiw. oh and congrats!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Finally got a 1L job, wohoo!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:31 pm

DavidYurman85 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Bumpage. Please tell me I'm being paid. It's a logical inference, right? :)


if they mentioned payroll, then you're getting paid.

0L - but i've worked in hr before, fwiw. oh and congrats!


Thanks. :)

Yeah, I'm being paid like $25 an hour. :shock: LOL, I was thinking I'd be working for no money, then was hoping for like minimum wage or something, haha, then they give me $25 an hour. I love this firm. The most I've ever made in my life was like $14 an hour.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.