Looks and firm life

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jmhendri

Re: Looks and firm life

Postby jmhendri » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:58 pm

paratactical wrote:
jmhendri wrote:
paratactical wrote:
Renzo wrote:How pretty?

Well, I think she's hotter than Megan Fox.

Well at least we didn't set the bar too high. :wink:

Let's put it this way, you've been added to my list I have with my SO. If I ever have the chance to bang you, it ain't cheating. And I'm only allowed 5 ever, soooo.

que interesante :twisted:

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:00 pm

paratactical wrote:Let's put it this way, you've been added to my list I have with my SO. If I ever have the chance to bang you, it ain't cheating. And I'm only allowed 5 ever, soooo.

Over or under?

MrKappus

Postby MrKappus » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:26 pm

Saddest thread on TLS.

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:29 pm

Renzo wrote:
paratactical wrote:Let's put it this way, you've been added to my list I have with my SO. If I ever have the chance to bang you, it ain't cheating. And I'm only allowed 5 ever, soooo.

Over or under?

Holy fuck dude. She's not really my type either...but something about her...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:26 pm

I always love TLS until I actually post something because I almost never get good responses haha. I'm not a flame; I'm serious. I just referenced Megan Fox because, well she was voted #1 hottest woman alive/in the world/in the US in several different magazines/polls, most notably (I guess) FHM. My 'look' probably couldn't be more different than hers.

So..thanks for the responses...I guess?

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I always love TLS until I actually post something because I almost never get good responses haha. I'm not a flame; I'm serious. I just referenced Megan Fox because, well she was voted #1 hottest woman alive/in the world/in the US in several different magazines/polls, most notably (I guess) FHM. My 'look' probably couldn't be more different than hers.

Btw- lulz at people saying Megan Fox isn't hot. Yeah o.k. :roll:

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:45 pm

paratactical wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:This thread is worthless without pictures.

I will stand behind this statement with my name.

OP, PM me pics of your potential work attire. I've done biglaw in Boston and NYC and can offer advice/opinion. I'm also female, so it's less creepy methinks. I'm short, too, FWIW.

I can/will send you pics next week while I'm at work.

I actually work at a law firm in NYC now. My boss couldn't care less about how I dress, but it's a small firm (4 lawyers) and the only 2 other women that work there are also paralegals who are twice my age. I always see women around the area dressed professionally, but still wearing pencil skirts, high heels (often peep-toe in the summer), makeup and looking sexy in general, but I'm not sure what offices they're going into. They could be in any profession..or just be assistants?

I've always felt like it's easier for me to get away with short skirt, v-necks, and higher heels because I'm so petite. But I'm scared people will have this reaction to me in court - "Aww look at the hot 16 year old trying to argue a case.."

Oh..I probably should have mentioned in my OP that I have my eye set on litigation. Obviously, good looks would help here, right? I'm confused :?

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:11 pm

A'nold wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I always love TLS until I actually post something because I almost never get good responses haha. I'm not a flame; I'm serious. I just referenced Megan Fox because, well she was voted #1 hottest woman alive/in the world/in the US in several different magazines/polls, most notably (I guess) FHM. My 'look' probably couldn't be more different than hers.

If you're into that trash then be my guest...

She's not hot man

daesonesb

Postby daesonesb » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:19 pm

James Bond wrote:
A'nold wrote:

If you're into that trash then be my guest...

She's not hot man

I say she's a babe.

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:24 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Pizza face? Check
No boobs? Check
Greasy looking hair? Check
Pretentious Bitch Attitude? Check

I'm sorry...Megan Fox is not hot at all. I understand the whole "normal people looking down on hollywood celebs is ridiculous" sentiment, but Megan Fox isn't hot for a non-celebrity either. It's amazing what happens when there is no airbrushing or CGI in effect.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:26 pm

Nightrunner wrote:If Megan Fox was a 0L on these boards, you'd be fawning over her every post. She's clearly more attractive than the average person.

Average person, or average law student?

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:26 pm

I've never been a big fan of Megan Fox, but to say that she isn't even good looking after watching Transformers 2 would be idiotic.

DerrickRose

Postby DerrickRose » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:33 pm

She's a two face.

But cleaned up Hollywood style, she would definitely be hot.

That's the thing, above a certain percentile in terms of attractiveness, most of the battle is how you take care of yourself.

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:33 pm

Nightrunner wrote:OK Bond, I am almost entirely in your corner here. Megan Fox is nowhere near as attractive as many seem to think her to be, and her shitpile of "brains" and attitude make her less attractive. Almost totally down. Alllllllllllllmost...

James Bond wrote:Megan Fox isn't hot for a non-celebrity either.

:?

If Megan Fox was a 0L on these boards, you'd be fawning over her every post. She's clearly more attractive than the average person.

Nonsense. She makes idiotic comments and I'd ridicule her posts and acne. Now she might get love in BP or something, and granted she's more attractive than the average person, but that doesn't make her "hot"

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:36 pm

A'nold wrote:I've never been a big fan of Megan Fox, but to say that she isn't even good looking after watching Transformers 2 would be idiotic.

Sorry boss, she does nothing for me. She's a little weird looking in the facial area, frankly.

mallard

Postby mallard » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:36 pm

DerrickRose wrote:She's a two face.

But cleaned up Hollywood style, she would definitely be hot.

That's the thing, above a certain percentile in terms of attractiveness, most of the battle is how you take care of yourself.

I don't agree. I actually think that it's above a certain percentile but below a certain other percentile. I mean, mostly in the 5-8 range - that's where proper care has a lot of purchase. Which is why law school girls tend, in my view, actually to be more attractive than the average female, even of their age. They tend to take care of themselves. However, it's incredibly rare to see someone in law who has been gifted with real actual beauty (9-10 range).

But maybe this speaks to my aesthetics and my preferences.

And I agree that if Megan Fox were in BP tinychat people would be fapping away. That doesn't necessarily mean the widespread plaudits for her good looks are deserved.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:36 pm

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:39 pm

A'nold wrote:[absurdly large image]

Yep, even there, at her best, just meh.

DerrickRose

Postby DerrickRose » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

mallard wrote:Which is why law school girls tend, in my view, actually to be more attractive than the average female, even of their age. They tend to take care of themselves.

Nothing the Seton Hall career services office has ever released can hold a candle to this in terms of dishonesty to prospective students.

mallard

Postby mallard » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:45 pm

DerrickRose wrote:
mallard wrote:Which is why law school girls tend, in my view, actually to be more attractive than the average female, even of their age. They tend to take care of themselves.

Nothing the Seton Hall career services office has ever released can hold a candle to this in terms of dishonesty to prospective students.

Well, it might just be my perspective. I went to college at a LAC where I knew a lot of women with beautiful faces, flabby arms, guts, and hairy armpits. So I tend to think law school girls take care of themselves compared to what I know. Somebody who went to school with beat-to-death sorostitutes who work out and wax everywhere could have a diametrically opposite reaction, I imagine.

jmhendri

Postby jmhendri » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:45 pm

James Bond wrote:
Nightrunner wrote:OK Bond, I am almost entirely in your corner here. Megan Fox is nowhere near as attractive as many seem to think her to be, and her shitpile of "brains" and attitude make her less attractive. Almost totally down. Alllllllllllllmost...

James Bond wrote:Megan Fox isn't hot for a non-celebrity either.

:?

If Megan Fox was a 0L on these boards, you'd be fawning over her every post. She's clearly more attractive than the average person.

Nonsense. She makes idiotic comments and I'd ridicule her posts and acne. Now she might get love in BP or something, and granted she's more attractive than the average person, but that doesn't make her "hot"

... dude, you were a TD fan. Comments don't get more idiotic.

Postby 06072010 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:47 pm

if you think law school chicks are on average a) more well kept than "regular" women or b) better looking you should get out more.

DerrickRose

Postby DerrickRose » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:49 pm

mallard wrote:
DerrickRose wrote:

Well, it might just be my perspective. I went to college at a LAC where I knew a lot of women with beautiful faces, flabby arms, guts, and hairy armpits. So I tend to think law school girls take care of themselves compared to what I know. Somebody who went to school with beat-to-death sorostitutes who work out and wax everywhere could have a diametrically opposite reaction, I imagine.

--ImageRemoved--

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:51 pm

Yeah, she's average at best. :roll: I still don't think she is the hottest thing ever, but you are retarded if you don't think she is at least really good looking.

--ImageRemoved--

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:01 pm

^^
Nope, she back to looking creepy in that photo.

Return to “Legal Employment”