Law & Order: Crime & Punishment

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Borhas

Re: Law & Order: Crime & Punishment

Postby Borhas » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:28 pm

Birdman wrote:I never knew this existed, but there was a reality spin off to Law & Order about the San Diego District Attorney's office. It goes through actual cases and shows how they were prosecuted. Considering my dream job is to work in the SD DA's office this was an incredible find. The episodes are on hulu for free. If anyone is interested in being a prosecutor I definitely recommend checking out the episodes.

awesome, thanks

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:38 pm

Borhas wrote:
Birdman wrote:I never knew this existed, but there was a reality spin off to Law & Order about the San Diego District Attorney's office. It goes through actual cases and shows how they were prosecuted. Considering my dream job is to work in the SD DA's office this was an incredible find. The episodes are on hulu for free. If anyone is interested in being a prosecutor I definitely recommend checking out the episodes.

awesome, thanks

Hurry up and catch up with me Borhas so we can talk about the episodes in this thread.

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:15 pm

I def will but it'll take a while. It's really cool to see shots of the places I work and live at.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:21 pm

Borhas wrote:I def will but it'll take a while. It's really cool to see shots of the places I work and live at.

Cool. Man, it's so awesome seeing this stuff in action. Episode 8 I believe (the one with the mexican guy and the Asian wife) I just kept waiting for the defendant to "open the door" during his testimony, then BAM, "I'm not a violent person." HAHA! The prosecutor (who is the worst one I've seen by the way; I'm a newbie and I have spotted numerous mistakes made by her) was just waiting for those exact words. She baited him. It's fun when you know what all the attorneys and the judge are thinking when all this is going on. It's like a behind the stage pass.

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:27 pm

A'nold wrote:
Borhas wrote:I def will but it'll take a while. It's really cool to see shots of the places I work and live at.

Cool. Man, it's so awesome seeing this stuff in action. Episode 8 I believe (the one with the mexican guy and the Asian wife) I just kept waiting for the defendant to "open the door" during his testimony, then BAM, "I'm not a violent person." HAHA! The prosecutor (who is the worst one I've seen by the way; I'm a newbie and I have spotted numerous mistakes made by her) was just waiting for those exact words. She baited him. It's fun when you know what all the attorneys and the judge are thinking when all this is going on. It's like a behind the stage pass.

that's the one I just watched. I loved that part. We just talked about that in Evidence class. This shit's educational to boot.

I just hope this show doesn't make DA's look [too much] smarter than they are.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:20 am

Borhas wrote:
A'nold wrote:

that's the one I just watched. I loved that part. We just talked about that in Evidence class. This shit's educational to boot.

I just hope this show doesn't make DA's look [too much] smarter than they are.

Yeah, it is definitely DA-slanted. However, the editors did not succeed in making that lady look smart or even good at her job. Tbh, most of those prosecutors are pretty dang good at their jobs though. I think the reason for that is that to be promoted to felony units you have to put in a TON of time. By then, you have experience and you will have a reputation as one who kicks ass and takes names or one that should be doing arraignments for life. Plus, I'm sure that county is pretty competitive for those jobs.

I mean, even where I work people do misdemeanors for YEARS before they are even considered for any kind of felony work. And when I say years, I'm not talking about 2 or 3, I'm talking a lot more than that. I suspect that if some of these peeps wanted to apply across the country they could land something in a felony unit somewhere, but when you are tied to a region and unwilling to move your climb up the ladder can be excruciatingly long.

Interested Observer

Postby Interested Observer » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:09 pm

I forgot about this show until I saw this thread and I've been rewatching the episodes on Hulu. The first time I ever watched it was before I interned at a PD office. I view things completely differently now -- definitely an interesting show. According to Wikipedia, there were 20 episodes. Hulu as 13. Anyone know where we can find the other seven?

Return to “Legal Employment”