Nutrition Law?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
db616

Nutrition Law?

Postby db616 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:07 am

Is there such a thing? I've been looking into public health law, but a lot (all) of it seems to be geared towards CDC-like issues. I've also looked into health law but there's nothing specifically on nutrition.

I'm really interested in policy and working to make large food corporations (Fast-food chains, grocery stores, processed food manufacturers) be more responsible and honest when it comes to the content of their food and the way it's advertised (C'mon, Taco Bell, the "drive-thru diet!?").

Is there such a thing as nutrition law? If not, what sort of concentration would allow me to do this kind of work?

Anonymous User

Re: Nutrition Law?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:19 am

--LinkRemoved--

Assuming you're serious, there appears to be a number of related employment categories. There is one labeled explicitly "Food and Drug" and a few others that seem marginally related. Enjoy.

db616

Postby db616 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:27 am

I'm serious, Thanks!

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:http://www.nalpdirectory.com/dledir_search_advanced.asp

Assuming you're serious, there appears to be a number of related employment categories. There is one labeled explicitly "Food and Drug" and a few others that seem marginally related. Enjoy.

--ImageRemoved--

gglr24

Postby gglr24 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:38 am

My brother is senior counsel for a major grocery corporation, and he is usually the frontman for fda food labeling or ftc food advertising issues. However, he said the issue does not come up often and one person does not usually simply focus in this one area. Most marketing departments already know the basic fda and ftc requirements. The marketing department will run labels and advertisements by the legal department when a major change is being made or they want to make a risky move.

Yimbeezy

Postby Yimbeezy » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:06 am

Since you are more interested in policy, and presumably in some way changing it, it sounds like you would be into consumer protection. Quite a bit of hubbub has been going on in the NYT re: this issue, so you may want to sort through their stories, find some PI orgs for consumer protection, and drop them a line with this question.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:12 pm

FDA regulatory practice might be what you're looking for

Return to “Legal Employment”