Looking for a job? Never do what Jesse J. Clark did!

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
FeuerFrei

Re: Looking for a job? Never do what Jesse J. Clark did!

Postby FeuerFrei » Mon May 31, 2010 2:37 pm

Last edited by FeuerFrei on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dany

Postby Dany » Mon May 31, 2010 2:38 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:
booyakasha45 wrote:I wonder if he said "um" in his interview as many times as he did in the the apology video.

Ok, in his defense, he does have a really nice office! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"I have the constitution here, the bill of rights there, I have the scales of justice, a gavel, I have legal treatise, law books, um, I have pictures of the founding fathers. I HAVE IT ALL!!"

The scales of justice, a gavel.... :lol: :lol:

I lost it when he did the panorama of his office. A slow pan over leather-bound volumes of legal texts, pictures of ol' Washington, legitimate SCALES OF JUSTICE? hahahaha

Mr. Pablo

Postby Mr. Pablo » Mon May 31, 2010 2:38 pm

Wow. This guy is never going to get a job as anything but a busboy. The moment a potential employer googles his name, J. Clark is fucked.

/The internet will ruin us all.

theghostofDrewTate

Postby theghostofDrewTate » Mon May 31, 2010 2:39 pm

eskimo wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:
booyakasha45 wrote:I wonder if he said "um" in his interview as many times as he did in the the apology video.

Ok, in his defense, he does have a really nice office! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"I have the constitution here, the bill of rights there, I have the scales of justice, a gavel, I have legal treatise, law books, um, I have pictures of the founding fathers. I HAVE IT ALL!!"

The scales of justice, a gavel.... :lol: :lol:

I lost it when he did the panorama of his office. A slow pan over leather-bound volumes of legal texts, pictures of ol' Washington, legitimate SCALES OF JUSTICE? hahahaha

Any chance this was just some epic flame guerilla marketing campaign like Aleksey Vayner? It just seemed too good to be true.

Bert

Postby Bert » Mon May 31, 2010 2:51 pm

:shock:

That video is priceless.

Postby 06132010 » Mon May 31, 2010 3:10 pm

so... according to his website the attorney who outed him edited his E-mails? this is going to get messy.

--LinkRemoved--

OGR3

Postby OGR3 » Mon May 31, 2010 3:13 pm

This has to be some kind of ultra-complicated joke.

Just look at the email address on his resume!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon May 31, 2010 3:15 pm

a few lapses in judgment and this guy's legal career is in the toilet. his story is kinda scary. the internet will ruin us all!

clark only has himself to blame though. i would hate to be his infant daughter.

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Mon May 31, 2010 3:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:a few lapses in judgment and this guy's legal career is in the toilet. his story is kinda scary. the internet will ruin us all!

Great use of the anonymous feature dude!!!!

OGR3

Postby OGR3 » Mon May 31, 2010 3:21 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:a few lapses in judgment and this guy's legal career is in the toilet. his story is kinda scary. the internet will ruin us all!

Great use of the anonymous feature dude!!!!

Better to be safe than sorry!

badwithpseudonyms

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Mon May 31, 2010 3:24 pm

Holy douche, batman! Things like this are the reason I don't bother much with fiction. You can't make this shit up.

Can someone please make one of those animated videos of this. I've taken the liberty of transcribing some of my favorite lines. Even if all this blows over, speaking like a condescending douche ought to take him far in life.

Jesse J. Clark wrote:"I take my studies very seriously, and I take this profession very, very seriously. No one loves this profession more than me. I can guarantee you that. Okay? Now let... let me... let me... let me show you something. See this. This is my office. I have... the Constitution here, the Bill of Rights there. I have, you know, the Scales of Justice, a gavel. I have legal treaties. I have law books. I have, you know, pictures of our Founding Fathers. I have it ALL. Okay?"

"Well listen, what does "an aspiring model" have to do with any of this? It just doesn't make any sense to me. I was 21 years old, uh, and I had a couple photos online, uh, for photo shoots, and, uh, you've got to bring that in. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Uh, so that's what I wanted to get off my chest. And I think it's pretty sad that the legal community do this to somebody. Alright?"
Last edited by badwithpseudonyms on Mon May 31, 2010 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xiening

Postby xiening » Mon May 31, 2010 3:25 pm

The email was quite entertaining, who steal my popcorn!!!!!!!!!
(I meant: they treated a serious issue: job-interview and after interview follow up like two three years old kids battle for toy.) Just enjoy the show people.....

OGR3

Postby OGR3 » Mon May 31, 2010 3:28 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:Holy douche, batman! Things like this are the reason I don't bother much with fiction. You can't make this shit up.

Can someone please make one of those animated videos of this. I've taken the liberty of transcribing some of my favorite lines. Even if all this blows over, speaking like a condescending douche ought to take him far in life.

"I take my studies very seriously, and I take this profession very, very seriously. No one loves this profession more than me. I can guarantee you that. Okay? Now let... let me... let me... let me show you something. See this. This is my office. I have... the Constitution here, the Bill of Rights there. I have, you know, the Scales of Justice, a gavel. I have legal treaties. I have law books. I have, you know, pictures of our Founding Fathers. I have it ALL. Okay?"

"Well listen, what does "an aspiring model" have to do with any of this? It just doesn't make any sense to me. I was 21 years old, uh, and I had a couple photos online, uh, for photo shoots, and, uh, you've got to bring that in. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Uh, so that's what I wanted to get off my chest. And I think it's pretty sad that the legal community do this to somebody. Alright?"

That was my favorite part. Maybe he built his own modeling website too, using one of his X-treme Web Designs...

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon May 31, 2010 3:31 pm

Have you looked at the bio of the attorney, Rose Clayton, on her website? It's pretty impressive. link Not only did she graduate from the 7th best law school in Massachusetts, she also got her LL.M there.

link wrote:In 2009, she received an LL.M. in Elder Law and Estate Planning from Western New England School of Law. An LL.M. is an internationally recognized post graduate law degree, typically obtained in two years of postgraduate work. The LL.M. stands for the Master of Laws. There are only around 100 attorneys in the U.S. with an LL.M. in Elder Law and Estate Planning.

Masters of Lolz is more like it.

Postby 06132010 » Mon May 31, 2010 3:33 pm

OGR3 wrote:This has to be some kind of ultra-complicated joke.

hahaha.

maybe TLS should use the phone number on his resume to conduct a little interview with Mr. Bostonlegal83.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Mon May 31, 2010 3:35 pm

I sincerely hope this is a giant flame. :lol:

OGR3

Postby OGR3 » Mon May 31, 2010 3:37 pm

booyakasha45 wrote:

hahaha.

maybe TLS should use the phone number on his resume to conduct a little interview with Mr. Bostonlegal83.

Just make sure to call after 10.

Postby 06132010 » Mon May 31, 2010 3:38 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:I sincerely hope this is a giant flame. :lol:

I'm afraid it might not be. Rose Clayton is real.

http://lawyers.law.cornell.edu/lawyer/r ... on-1484043

Locke N. Lawded

Postby Locke N. Lawded » Mon May 31, 2010 3:41 pm

Here is another choice tidbit from one of Clark's old posts on his blog:

I believe Chapter 209(a) is a gender biased statute. I have never heard of a
male seeking a protective order from a female. In 2004 I sat in on a 209(a) ten day hearing
session at the Worcester District Court when it was located at 2 Main Street. I decided to watch
and observe the court’s session for experience on how these proceedings are conducted. It was a
Monday morning and the halls of the court were flowing with people. As I watch the proceeding,
about fifteen to twenty cases were called. All women seeking a protective order were granted for a year. I personally feel that the 209(a) statute is gender biased. It is clear and evident that all a female needs to show at the time of a ten day hearing is fear or imminent danger of bodily harm.

The female does not have to prove that she is in fear but the mere fact of telling a Judge that she
is in fear whether or not she really is certainly not right. I believe in the notion that a male should be innocent until proven guilty. For example, what if a husband and wife are arguing and she calls the police stating that the husband hit her when, in fact, he did not and the husband himself is a police officer. The wife would then request for a temporary protective order and the husband who, of course, has a license to carry as he is a Police Officer now needs to surrender his firearm. As a result, the husband his suspended from his normal duties to perform as a Police Officer.

Should men refrain from being in a relationship with a woman to avoid a possible future
frivolous restraining order? I guess it is just a risk that you take when you live in the
Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

Note the fact that Clark talks about one of the parties being a police officer and having to relinquish his weapon...didn't Clark mention that he went to the police academy on his resume? I wonder if he knows so much about this statute because he lived it himself. Now, don't try to tell me that this guy isn't sexist, and potentially dangerous.

GATORTIM

Postby GATORTIM » Mon May 31, 2010 3:44 pm

I'm a model, idiot...who the hell are you to call me at 10am and ask my side of the story?

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Mon May 31, 2010 3:47 pm

OGR3 wrote:
booyakasha45 wrote:

hahaha.

Just make sure to call after 10.

:lol: :lol:

Seriously, just watched that video again!!! It is just fucking PACKED WITH WIN!!! :lol:

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Mon May 31, 2010 3:50 pm

GATORTIM wrote:I'm a model, idiot...who the hell are you to call me at 10am and ask my side of the story?

Merman..... MERMAN!!! :lol:

Unemployed

Postby Unemployed » Mon May 31, 2010 3:59 pm

Big ego = generally annoying.

Big ego + stupidity = insufferable.

Big ego + stupidity + extreme pettiness = FUBAR but funny

Locke N. Lawded

Postby Locke N. Lawded » Mon May 31, 2010 4:07 pm

The hits just keep on coming from Jesse J. Clark's blog:

Why we Need to Get Rid of Facebook, Myspace and Twitter
As you may know, technology is changing how we live. Some technology is great, like technology that helps the medical personnel, law enforcement personnel and the like but some technology is just garbage. Our children are growing up in the Facebook, Myspace and Twitter era. Yes, I understand that Facebook and Myspace are sites used to reunite and communicate with friends, however, that's all our kids care about. Not only can we get online to facebook and myspace, we also get it on our cell phones. It seems as though our faces are stuck to the computer or cell phone updating our "status" on either Facebook, Myspace or Twitter. I mean, who really cares what you are doing. Don't you people want some privacy? Why would you tell the world what you are doing and where you are at. Why do you post pictures for people to see? How about you people deactivate your accounts and do something with you life? Read a book? Get a job? Do some homework?

We are all going to learn that these sites will have a bad effect on our kids if we do not control it.

This one is particularly ironic, no? :wink:

OGR3

Postby OGR3 » Mon May 31, 2010 4:09 pm

Locke N. Lawded wrote:The hits just keep on coming from Jesse J. Clark's blog:

Why we Need to Get Rid of Facebook, Myspace and Twitter
As you may know, technology is changing how we live. Some technology is great, like technology that helps the medical personnel, law enforcement personnel and the like but some technology is just garbage. Our children are growing up in the Facebook, Myspace and Twitter era. Yes, I understand that Facebook and Myspace are sites used to reunite and communicate with friends, however, that's all our kids care about. Not only can we get online to facebook and myspace, we also get it on our cell phones. It seems as though our faces are stuck to the computer or cell phone updating our "status" on either Facebook, Myspace or Twitter. I mean, who really cares what you are doing. Don't you people want some privacy? Why would you tell the world what you are doing and where you are at. Why do you post pictures for people to see? How about you people deactivate your accounts and do something with you life? Read a book? Get a job? Do some homework?

We are all going to learn that these sites will have a bad effect on our kids if we do not control it.

This one is particularly ironic, no? :wink:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Return to “Legal Employment”