Looking for a job? Never do what Jesse J. Clark did!

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
badfish

Re: Looking for a job? Never do what Jesse J. Clark did!

Postby badfish » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:23 pm

PKSebben wrote:Wow. Kash doesn't come right out and say she thinks Mr. Clark did it. But its certainly implied. Odd.
--ImageRemoved--

more importantly, kash is kind of cute. hopefully i'll recognize her if i run into her around the east village.

joeshmo39

Postby joeshmo39 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:24 pm

So... sorry I'm late to the party but are we positive there is no trace of his original Youtube video? No where I can get it, it is lost in time I presume?

Locke N. Lawded

Postby Locke N. Lawded » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:30 pm

joeshmo39 wrote:So... sorry I'm late to the party but are we positive there is no trace of his original Youtube video? No where I can get it, it is lost in time I presume?

Yup, every single electronic trace he could remove is now gone, but you can catch the video reconstruction of the interview at: http://shillingmesoftly.blogspot.com/.

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:43 pm

mah2012 wrote:
Always Credited wrote:
mah2012 wrote:
He's suing for defamation, and yet harasses one blogger and apparently blackmails another? The guys got some balls and no common sense; I wouldn't want to screw with him.

I don't know much about these types of laws, but isn't this harassment of some sort? He essentially blackmailed the one guy and then posted this girl's personal information while posing as her. That seems possibly illegal to me.

It seems as though it should be, but I know cyber laws (or the lack thereof) regarding possible harassment or slander are generally sketchy at best. It may or may not actually be considered harassment or illegal. Either way, this guy is going down a slippery slope, and if he doesn't chill out he may get himself into some definitely illegal trouble.

Or get his ass kicked.

I bet he'd fight back with his scales of justice.

Personally I'd go with the gavel and one of the founding fathers for a shield.

This truly is one of those stories that keeps on giving!! :lol:

Postby 06072010 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:49 pm

badfish wrote:
PKSebben wrote:Wow. Kash doesn't come right out and say she thinks Mr. Clark did it. But its certainly implied. Odd.
--ImageRemoved--

more importantly, kash is kind of cute. hopefully i'll recognize her if i run into her around the east village.

yahbro. Great smile.

archie835

Postby archie835 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:08 pm

Locke N. Lawded wrote:
NO LSAT REQUIRED

Massachusetts School of Law interviews every applicant who wishes to attend the school. We believe the true measure of a person’s capabilities to be a good lawyer cannot be measured solely by sterile statistical data, which can never measure drive, dedication, obstacles overcome, perseverance, and a good heart.

In some circumstances, there is a second interview with the entire Admissions Committee. The Committee also reviews an applicant’s entire pertinent background, including all college grade-point averages, the specific courses in which an applicant did well or poorly in college, improvement over time in college, the possession of a graduate degree and the grades obtained in graduate school, and the nature of any experience and accomplishments in the work force.

Also, because of the considerable criticisms of the LSAT, Massachusetts School of Law does not consider the LSAT when making admissions decisions. Instead, it considers an essay test that the school itself has developed and most importantly, it is read and graded by a full time MSLAW professor who, based upon years of practical and academic experience, is well qualified to assess an applicant’s ability to think and write well. The requirement of a mandatory interview, the review of an applicant’s entire record in school and the work force, and the essay aptitude test enable the Admissions Committee to identify worthy students who would be denied admission to traditional law schools simply because of their LSAT scores.

It just boggles the mind that Jesse J. Clark is bragging about getting the highest grades in his law school class, when this is the caliber of school he attends. He's lucky to get any type of interviews at all...and this was likely his last one.

I will not stand by and let my law school get bashed. 1) I don't know this guy but I can tell you this is not reflective of the school. 2) I studied too hard to have my law school dragged into this. 3) Massachusetts School of Law is a difficult school. I have studied side by side with some very skilled trial lawyers who have become litigators many of you only dream of. Don't let one person tarnish your thoughts on a law school. Without MSL, I would not have had the opportunity to become a lawyer. Being a lawyer was something that I worked hard for and reaching that goal was due to the flexible programs offered at MSL. Don't be fooled. The coursework at MSL is daunting. There are no freebies and you work long and hard to make the grade. People who brag about grades and being in the top of their class are people who need to stroke their own ego. Yeah, my grades were good but it isn't my grades clients ask me about...it is litigation success rate. So to those who want to bash MSL, go right ahead but remember, when we meet in the courtroom, it doesn't matter where you went to school. The only thing that matters is whether or not you can win your case.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:11 pm

archie835 wrote:
Locke N. Lawded wrote:
NO LSAT REQUIRED

Massachusetts School of Law interviews every applicant who wishes to attend the school. We believe the true measure of a person’s capabilities to be a good lawyer cannot be measured solely by sterile statistical data, which can never measure drive, dedication, obstacles overcome, perseverance, and a good heart.

In some circumstances, there is a second interview with the entire Admissions Committee. The Committee also reviews an applicant’s entire pertinent background, including all college grade-point averages, the specific courses in which an applicant did well or poorly in college, improvement over time in college, the possession of a graduate degree and the grades obtained in graduate school, and the nature of any experience and accomplishments in the work force.

Also, because of the considerable criticisms of the LSAT, Massachusetts School of Law does not consider the LSAT when making admissions decisions. Instead, it considers an essay test that the school itself has developed and most importantly, it is read and graded by a full time MSLAW professor who, based upon years of practical and academic experience, is well qualified to assess an applicant’s ability to think and write well. The requirement of a mandatory interview, the review of an applicant’s entire record in school and the work force, and the essay aptitude test enable the Admissions Committee to identify worthy students who would be denied admission to traditional law schools simply because of their LSAT scores.

It just boggles the mind that Jesse J. Clark is bragging about getting the highest grades in his law school class, when this is the caliber of school he attends. He's lucky to get any type of interviews at all...and this was likely his last one.

I will not stand by and let my law school get bashed. 1) I don't know this guy but I can tell you this is not reflective of the school. 2) I studied too hard to have my law school dragged into this. 3) Massachusetts School of Law is a difficult school. I have studied side by side with some very skilled trial lawyers who have become litigators many of you only dream of. Don't let one person tarnish your thoughts on a law school. Without MSL, I would not have had the opportunity to become a lawyer. Being a lawyer was something that I worked hard for and reaching that goal was due to the flexible programs offered at MSL. Don't be fooled. The coursework at MSL is daunting. There are no freebies and you work long and hard to make the grade. People who brag about grades and being in the top of their class are people who need to stroke their own ego. Yeah, my grades were good but it isn't my grades clients ask me about...it is litigation success rate. So to those who want to bash MSL, go right ahead but remember, when we meet in the courtroom, it doesn't matter where you went to school. The only thing that matters is whether or not you can win your case.

REALLY weak flame. Come on dude, you might have suckered a few people in until you threw in that last line.

lawstudent1968

Postby lawstudent1968 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:49 am

Found this:

SureShot Videography
http://www.yelp.com/biz/sureshot-videog ... -WA08loWxQ

no longer in law, but in the wedding industry doing videography, doesn't look like it's working out. I couldn't imagine what a potential bride would think if she saw the comments this man made!

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:12 am

lawstudent1968 wrote:Found this:

SureShot Videography
http://www.yelp.com/biz/sureshot-videog ... -WA08loWxQ

no longer in law, but in the wedding industry doing videography, doesn't look like it's working out. I couldn't imagine what a potential bride would think if she saw the comments this man made!

Was wondering why this thread was bumped, but I'm glad I saw this. Big lol. Is this really the same guy?

lawstudent1968

Postby lawstudent1968 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:21 am

Yeah this is Jesse J. Clark, his website for his business is down, I could see why, after reading those nasty business reviews on yelp. I guess he runs a portrait studio SureShot Portraits based out of Millbury, MA which looks like the same business. I would love to see how he treats his clients!! eeek! I guess if you really want to be nosy, you could call the business up, but would be pretty unwarranted! This is going to bite his butt for a long time.

vlsorbust

Postby vlsorbust » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:28 pm

The site may have been down temporarily but seems to be working now. Can't believe they gave this guy a business license (assuming he even bothered to apply for one).

mayaecho

Postby mayaecho » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:46 pm

As one of at least 10 couples who have had their wedding video "lost" I can say this man should not be trusted. He is still using his immature tactics of blackmail to try to get couples to remove their negative reviews, and has done a decent job of removing as many reviews as he can (mostly successful on wedding services websites, but not Google or Yelp). Over the course of several months, I heard excuse after excuse (I believe lie after lie) about why my wedding video was delayed (death in the family, he's sick, he's in the hospital, etc) before they told me that the video was lost during Hurricane Katrina at least 5 months prior. I wish I had done some research on him before hiring him. Perhaps I would have had the video of my wedding that I paid for.

lawandorder161

Postby lawandorder161 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:36 pm

I feel super bad for all the wedding clients that delt with this con-artist Jesse J. Clark, this was just on tv, its incredible!! Hopefully something will be resolved from this TV segment on him ----

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/investigations/Couples-Claim-Photographer--153418195.html

From nbcconnecticut.com:

----------

Jesse Clark is the owner of SureShot Videography and he is running as fast as he can from the NBC Connecticut Troubleshooters. Why? Clark’s company shot wedding videos for more than a dozen brides, who all say he did not deliver on their contracts. In most cases, he did not deliver any video at all.

Alison Romeo and her husband Matt got married last fall and have been left high and dry by Clark. It has tainted what otherwise would have been perfect wedding day memories.

"It's kinda messed up to screw with someone on what's supposed to be the most special day of their life," Romeo told NBC Connecticut.

When the Romeos were searching for a wedding videographer, they were looking for a reliable company with a good price. They found Clark via theknot.com and saw positive reviews. Then, she and her then-fiancé met him.

"He seemed really nice and really genuine," Matt Romeo said.

Another couple had a similarly positive experience.

"He was really great. He had a good special, we really liked him," Francesca DiRobbio of Old Lyme said.

So both couples signed contracts.

"The wedding went fine,” Matt Romeo recalled. “Then we just kept waiting, just kept waiting and we kept emailing and emailing … it's been a headache ever since."

After SureShot recorded the video, Clark disappeared with the video. The couples’ contracts said they would receive their DVDs in eight to 12 weeks. The Romeos, however, waited eight months. That’s when they started pushing.

"I said, if I don't get it in a certain amount of time I feel like I'm going to have to pursue legal action, and then he wrote back in an email, 'See you in court,’” Alison Romeo recalled with disbelief.

Francesca and Nicholas DiRobbio had slightly better luck. After waiting for seven months, they got several highlights on a web video. To get their full DVD, they decided to go to the next level and enlisted the help of the local police.

"I went straight to the police department and the sergeant went over with me to the storefront and he was there,” Francesca DiRobbio said.

The officer who accompanied her said he was familiar with complaints against Clark. DiRobbio got the DVD but when she viewed it, she thought it looked like an amateur home video.

The Dirobbios said they never got most of what was guaranteed in the contract.

“We went with the premier package, so you're supposed to get up to six hours of footage, two fully edited 90-minute DVDs. Ours is 60 minutes and that's the rough copy," DiRobbio said, holding a clear plastic jewel case.

The package promised a “sterling silver, custom engraved DVD case.” What the DiRobbios got was clip art printed on white paper.

“I could've done that myself!” the newlywed Francesca said.

The Romeos and DiRobbios are far from alone.

The NBC Connecticut Troubleshooters talked to 12 couples in Connecticut, New York and Massachusetts missing wedding videos from SureShot. They each paid Clark in full, between $500 and $1,000 each.

In some communications with brides, Clark cited a variety of excuses in attempt to explain why the videos had been delayed: “a power surge during Hurricane Irene,” a hard drive crash, family illness and that he was waiting for custom-engraved DVD cases to arrive.

In a letter dated Feb. 1, SureShot Videography promised full refunds for the footage “lost” from Hurricane Irene, but none of the couples we spoke to have received one penny back yet.

The Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office told us it has received 12 formal complaints against SureShot Videography in the last six months. The Better Business Bureau gave it an ‘F’ based on numerous unanswered complaints.

This is just the beginning. SureShot Videography has closed since the complaints started. Visit the SureShot website now, and you’re redirected to a new wedding videography company, Magnolia Films. Jesse Clark also started Magnolia. Last August, Clark opened SureShot Portraits, a studio in Blackstone Valley Mall in Millbury, Massachusetts.

The expansion plans don’t stop there. SureShot Portraits has plans to expand into Connecticut with a new store inside Buckland Hills Mall in Manchester. A mall representative confirmed a leasing deal is in the works for July but said it hasn't signed a lease. They were unaware of any complaints against the company.

Clark did not respond to our repeated phone calls. So we visited his business several times. On our third attempt, he saw us coming and headed straight for the door.

"Jesse, 12 brides told us they are missing their wedding videos from you. What do you have to say to that?" I asked Clark as he ran down a back alley.

Clark sprinted out SureShot’s doors, around the mall and down a hill to avoid our questions. When the Troubleshooters stopped, he kept on running.

Back at SureShot Portraits, we met employee Keith Morin who has tried to help many of the brides obtain their wedding videos.

"Several times a day, I tell Jesse about the customers who have called who are willing to accept money back, to accept anything, the raw footage we have,” Morin said. “I tell him about it and he usually doesn't have a response."

With Clark running away from giving answers, the brides and grooms are telling everyone they know to stay away.

"You can't go forward and you can't start a new name and a new company and leave all the mistakes you made behind," Nicholas DiRobbio said.

The Smith family is planning to gather couples to sue Clark as a group. Others are warning brides-to-be on theknot.com and other wedding sites to avoid Clark at all costs.

"It sounds like he is motivated by greed. He has no remorse, no shame,” Matt Romeo told NBC Connecticut. “He's just going to prey on people in this wedding."

Bridebop.com said it will remove advertising by Magnolia Films after brides and grooms complained to its co-founder, Christie Campagna.

There has been a small silver lining. The Romeos suddenly received part of their wedding video, postmarked two days after the Troubleshooters began calling SureShot. Even though they say it was poor quality, they salvaged a few memories.

However, 10 other couples are still waiting for their memories of happily ever after.

Get the latest stories from our investigative team
Privacy Policy | More Newsletters

dixiecupdrinking

Postby dixiecupdrinking » Thu May 24, 2012 9:53 pm

So the guy actually went to the weddings and took video and then never gave them a copy? Seems like a lot of work for a scam. If you're going to cheat them, why waste your time showing up at the wedding? At that point you might as well just burn them a DVD too.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sat May 26, 2012 11:31 am

Lololol it just keeps getting better.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Sat May 26, 2012 12:26 pm

dixiecupdrinking wrote:So the guy actually went to the weddings and took video and then never gave them a copy? Seems like a lot of work for a scam. If you're going to cheat them, why waste your time showing up at the wedding? At that point you might as well just burn them a DVD too.

it's called trolling

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Sat May 26, 2012 12:28 pm

fatduck wrote:
dixiecupdrinking wrote:So the guy actually went to the weddings and took video and then never gave them a copy? Seems like a lot of work for a scam. If you're going to cheat them, why waste your time showing up at the wedding? At that point you might as well just burn them a DVD too.

it's called trolling

Trolling IRL is rarely as successful as anonymously on the interbutts.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Sat May 26, 2012 12:31 pm

rad lulz wrote:
fatduck wrote:

it's called trolling

Trolling IRL is rarely as successful as anonymously on the interbutts.

it's technically griefing, not trolling, but most don't care about the distinction any more.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Sat May 26, 2012 12:37 pm

Has anyone else noticed how many single-post usernames have commented in this thread?

outsidethescope

Postby outsidethescope » Sat May 26, 2012 1:00 pm

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but I'm pretty sure this is a video of Jesse J Clark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ6uID9x-I4

noleknight16

Postby noleknight16 » Mon May 28, 2012 1:22 pm

Any way to see the e-mail exchange and video?

Funny that Mr. Clark wants to call out Shiff for blocking videos when he engaged in the exact same activity.

Eco

Postby Eco » Mon May 28, 2012 11:55 pm

lol so he went from law school to wedding-videographer? lol

Eco

Postby Eco » Tue May 29, 2012 12:00 am

Ok seriously though, the lawyer herself seems like an epic jerk too lol:

http://abovethelaw.com/2010/05/a-massac ... t-to-hire/

lawandorder161

Postby lawandorder161 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:44 pm

Wow, I never read the whole email banter, thats crazy, she seems pretty hostile too, haha.

There was a follow up news story on Jesse Clark:
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/video/#!/ ... /157386085

and WHDH Boston (NBC) did a story last week as well:

--LinkRemoved--

I've been following this, I guess Jesse Clark has been taunting his own clients through email who either contacted MA/CT attorney general or sent him a Massachusetts 93A demand letter for settlements. This guy is scum!

Return to “Legal Employment”