D'oh

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
thesealocust

Re: Susman Godfrey

Postby thesealocust » Sat May 29, 2010 3:51 pm

edited / never mind
Last edited by thesealocust on Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RisingMichigan3L

Postby RisingMichigan3L » Sat May 29, 2010 3:52 pm

I'm not going to criticize esc for the thread. Who cares about whether someone asks about a super-selective boutique here? Some super-sensitive idiots? Is there some sort of unspoken rule that we only talk about TTTs in this forum?

But yeah, we could have done without the other shit. Could definitely have been framed more diplomatically...

Esc

Postby Esc » Sat May 29, 2010 3:53 pm

Last edited by Esc on Sat May 29, 2010 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RisingMichigan3L

Postby RisingMichigan3L » Sat May 29, 2010 3:55 pm

to be fair, i think the best time to ask these sorts of questions is after you receive a callback/offer.

1000bmr

Postby 1000bmr » Sat May 29, 2010 4:01 pm

thesealocust wrote:Yeah. Plus, the law school world is small. When applying to LS people enjoyed much more anonymity. Now that we're all in law school, anybody who posts something like 'lololol who is clerkier posner or easterbrook I figure I should allow one of the two to hire me i dunno' or the like is coming dangerously close to outing themselves in a way that looks kind of duchey, especially in a tough market when people are struggling to get jobs at all.

i'd go for easterbrook so i could get his brother's number and tell him to stop being so preachy in tuesday morning quarterback. i'm trying to read about andre johnson beasting all over nerds in last sunday's game, not the large hadron collider and the federal deficit.

philosoraptor

Postby philosoraptor » Sat May 29, 2010 4:11 pm

1000bmr wrote:i'd go for easterbrook so i could get his brother's number and tell him to stop being so preachy in tuesday morning quarterback. i'm trying to read about andre johnson beasting all over nerds in last sunday's game, not the large hadron collider and the federal deficit.
What, you don't fly into an epic rage every time a politician hires a bodyguard?? Clearly you're not TMQ's intended audience.

Grond

Postby Grond » Sat May 29, 2010 4:13 pm

philosoraptor wrote:
1000bmr wrote:i'd go for easterbrook so i could get his brother's number and tell him to stop being so preachy in tuesday morning quarterback. i'm trying to read about andre johnson beasting all over nerds in last sunday's game, not the large hadron collider and the federal deficit.
What, you don't fly into an epic rage every time a politician hires a bodyguard?? Clearly you're not TMQ's intended audience.

Warning: this thread may contain flame or douche-like substance. :D

philosoraptor

Postby philosoraptor » Sat May 29, 2010 4:16 pm

Grond wrote:
philosoraptor wrote:

Kidding, of course; I <3 TMQ. He just has funny pet peeves.

Grond

Postby Grond » Sat May 29, 2010 4:18 pm

philosoraptor wrote:
Grond wrote:
philosoraptor wrote:

Kidding, of course; I <3 TMQ. He just has funny pet peeves.

As was I. Just dropping a little TMQesq analysis on the thread.

1000bmr

Re: ITT: D'oh

Postby 1000bmr » Sat May 29, 2010 4:40 pm

grond is going hard with the TMQisms, it took me a couple minutes to get the "douche-like substance" joke too, haha.

i know what will fix this thread:

--ImageRemoved--

just look at her professionalism.

philosoraptor

Re: ITT: D'oh

Postby philosoraptor » Sat May 29, 2010 4:47 pm

^^ Well played, sir.

RVP11

Postby RVP11 » Sat May 29, 2010 6:27 pm

doyleoil wrote:
then again i suppose it could just as easily be more evidence of the general social ineptitude of UT law students

FTFY. Remember, it's also the law school of Snooker and JazzOne. Bragging about your law school skillz on TLS is like a UT tradition.

asealclubber

Re: D'oh

Postby asealclubber » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:41 pm

Did Esc post his grades in the original post?

Return to “Legal Employment”