Where do AK/HI firms do OCI in the 48?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Where do AK/HI firms do OCI in the 48?

Postby 20160810 » Fri May 28, 2010 10:33 pm

I'm curious... what schools "feed into" those two markets other than University of Hawaii? Anyone have any info on breaking into Honolulu specifically?

Matthies

Re: Where do AK/HI firms do OCI in the 48?

Postby Matthies » Fri May 28, 2010 10:37 pm

SoftBoiledLife wrote:I'm curious... what schools "feed into" those two markets other than University of Hawaii? Anyone have any info on breaking into Honolulu specifically?

I have no idea about HI but man I get spammed with job postings from AK seems like weekly, espcilly envrio/gas/oil jobs. The only thing i can think of as to why is becuase my schools has a decent natural resources law program, since they all seem to be in that area. But seriously at least a posting a week for the last few weeks. Also don't know if there are firms big enough in AK to warrant doing OCI anwyhere, I mean that shit ain't free for the firm.
Last edited by Matthies on Fri May 28, 2010 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Fri May 28, 2010 10:38 pm

edited / never mind
Last edited by thesealocust on Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deadpanic

Postby deadpanic » Fri May 28, 2010 10:41 pm

I really know nothing about their OCI process so I'm of no help there, but one day I was browsing one of the more prestigious Honolulu firms and the large majority had law degrees from either Stanford, Cal-Berkeley, UCLA or USC.

Return to “Legal Employment”