Will working at Hooters as a 0L ruin my chances?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
clintonius

Re: Will working at Hooters as a 0L ruin my chances?

Postby clintonius » Wed May 26, 2010 1:31 am

Oh boy. That's gotta sting. (twss)

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Wed May 26, 2010 1:32 am

Yeah..but..all of the...you've got like seven hundred...

Nevermind 8)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 26, 2010 12:39 pm

I worked at my undergrad gym the summer after graduating (swiping IDs and cleaning gym equipment, really not glamorous). I did not put it on my resume, only my school involvement and internships. So no one will wonder what you did for the three months between graduation and law school

Bert

Postby Bert » Wed May 26, 2010 1:17 pm

clintonius wrote:Oh my god. ALL OF THE ANONYMOUS USERS HAVE THE SAME NUMBER OF POSTS.

I noticed this a while back, but it happens to everybody, and the same thing happens with 'tars (or so I have lead myself to believe). It seems that everytime you make a new post, your post count goes up by one. In the margin of each post you make in each thread, it indicates your current stats (i.e. 'tar, post count, etc.).

EDIT: for example, clintonius has 533 posts in each of his/her three posts in this thread.

<<<<I have 367 as of this post.
Last edited by Bert on Wed May 26, 2010 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bert

Postby Bert » Wed May 26, 2010 1:19 pm

and if I am correct, I should now have 368 everywhere I have ever posted (including the post above where I had 367 a moment ago.

That being said, I think that [similarly] the number for Anonymous User is the aggregate of all posts ever made anonymously.

thinkbig

Postby thinkbig » Wed May 26, 2010 1:26 pm

Bert wrote:and if I am correct, I should now have 368 everywhere I have ever posted (including the post above where I had 367 a moment ago.

That being said, I think that [similarly] the number for Anonymous User is the aggregate of all posts ever made anonymously.

Yes. Mystery solved. PS, who cares.

Bert

Postby Bert » Wed May 26, 2010 1:30 pm

thinkbig wrote:
Bert wrote:and if I am correct, I should now have 368 everywhere I have ever posted (including the post above where I had 367 a moment ago.

Yes. Mystery solved. PS, who cares.

I do, but that could be because I am at work with complete morons and that was the most intellectually challenging thing I am likely to do today.

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Wed May 26, 2010 1:31 pm

I'm giving Bert the benefit of the doubt and assuming he did all of that facetiously.

Bert

Postby Bert » Wed May 26, 2010 1:39 pm

clintonius wrote:I'm giving Bert the benefit of the doubt and assuming he did all of that facetiously.

I only have to keep myself entertained for another 30 days or so.

PS - Where's recaldo when you need him.

theLastZion

Postby theLastZion » Wed May 26, 2010 1:42 pm

I don't purport to know for sure whether it could potentially possibly hurt you or not, however IMO it would take a mormon to not hire you because of it. I mean, we've all needed money before. Plus, it's hooters, which is like PG rather than NC-17.

I would def leave it off the resume and not specifically mention hooters unless directly asked, but also wouldn't be ashamed to name the place if directly asked.

War Cardinal

Postby War Cardinal » Wed May 26, 2010 1:51 pm

Hiring partners tend to love boobies. Your employment history will be a definite hit come OCI/callbacks. Embrace it.

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Wed May 26, 2010 2:04 pm

War Cardinal wrote:Hiring partners tend to love boobies. Your employment history will be a definite hit come OCI/callbacks. Embrace it.

Can't believe this wasn't mentioned before. Leave it on!

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Wed May 26, 2010 2:10 pm

I thought my allusion to that was clear in the previous page. Guess not.

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Wed May 26, 2010 2:12 pm

clintonius wrote:I thought my allusion to that was clear in the previous page. Guess not.

Yes, I suppose it was. Sorry, clintonius, for not reading every single one of your brilliant posts.

gochrisgo

Postby gochrisgo » Wed May 26, 2010 2:17 pm

Last edited by gochrisgo on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quickquestionthanks

Postby quickquestionthanks » Wed May 26, 2010 2:24 pm

gochrisgo wrote:Me: "So he offered your boobs a job."

Awesome

yabbadabbado

Postby yabbadabbado » Wed May 26, 2010 3:01 pm

+1 on this. If you are still in school right up until the time you start LS, no employer is going to care about all the part-time jobs you've had during UG.

Certain employers (read Fed Govt, etc.) may require you to list it for a background check, but those are usually conducted after they've already decided to hire you. Additionally, background checks are often conducted by a separate internal dept. from the one that does the hiring, so there is a good chance that the person who hired you may never find out.

The only way I think it could possibly cause problems is if an employer found out about it after you were hired, and decided to start harassing you about it.

MrKappus wrote:Edited 2x. Take the job, leave it off the resume, and tell people you waited tables. They won't ask where.

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Wed May 26, 2010 3:08 pm

First of all, waitress's at hooters wear hermetically sealed stockings that are skin-colored but incredibly concealing.

Secondly, no one who is familiar with hooters would think it's scandalous...it's like working at Chili's or Hard Rock or TGIF's...it's really not a big deal.

Thirdly, it would be a subtle way to let a male-chauvinist who likes cute girls working for him know that you're attractive...and while I don't agree that this should affect anyone's hiring practices, it could only help you.

Take the job. It's money and they make good buffalo wings.

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Wed May 26, 2010 3:09 pm

quickquestionthanks wrote:
clintonius wrote:I thought my allusion to that was clear in the previous page. Guess not.
Yes, I suppose it was. Sorry, clintonius, for not reading every single one of your brilliant posts.

NOBODY LISTENS TO ME. sniff

DavidYurman85

Postby DavidYurman85 » Thu May 27, 2010 11:33 am

Take the job. Lawyers aren't that far removed from society that it will hinder you're employment options. I'm sure they remember what it was like to have limited employment options during the summer. Plus, this is a shitty economy and I think they will understand. If it's between Hooters and not working at all - definitely take the gig!

Return to “Legal Employment”