3L OCI/EIW is a myth (at least ITE) - CLS numbers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
twistedwrister
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:02 am

3L OCI/EIW is a myth (at least ITE) - CLS numbers

Postby twistedwrister » Wed May 19, 2010 1:35 pm

From http://autoadmit.com/thread.php?thread_id=1315549&mc=29&forum_id=2

CLS 3L EIP results
2007 - 1027 interviews, 208 callbacks, 149 callbacks accepted, 73 offers, 26 acceptances
2009 - 151 interviews, 8 callbacks, 8 callbacks accepted, 3 offers, 3 acceptances (2 at Loeb & Loeb, 1 at McKinsey).

Study hard 1Ls, and get that SA position as a 2L, because it's nothing but tears after that.

User avatar
BradyToMoss
Posts: 259
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:00 pm

Re: 3L OCI/EIW is a myth (at least ITE) - CLS numbers

Postby BradyToMoss » Wed May 19, 2010 2:00 pm

twistedwrister wrote:From http://autoadmit.com/thread.php?thread_id=1315549&mc=29&forum_id=2

CLS 3L EIP results
2007 - 1027 interviews, 208 callbacks, 149 callbacks accepted, 73 offers, 26 acceptances
2009 - 151 interviews, 8 callbacks, 8 callbacks accepted, 3 offers, 3 acceptances (2 at Loeb & Loeb, 1 at McKinsey).

Study hard 1Ls, and get that SA position as a 2L, because it's nothing but tears after that.


To be fair, if there is one area that will bounce back a little more than others, it is 3L hiring. Of course there was no 3L hiring for Class of '10. Firms WAY over-hired the Class of '10 for Summer 2009, and had to pull all kinds of deferrals just to avoid no-offering even larger portions of their classes than they already did. Of course none of these firms that already hired too many SAs from Class of '10 during Summer 2009 are going to be looking for 3Ls.

User avatar
doyleoil
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:59 pm

Re: 3L OCI/EIW is a myth (at least ITE) - CLS numbers

Postby doyleoil » Wed May 19, 2010 2:03 pm

BradyToMoss wrote:
twistedwrister wrote:From http://autoadmit.com/thread.php?thread_id=1315549&mc=29&forum_id=2

CLS 3L EIP results
2007 - 1027 interviews, 208 callbacks, 149 callbacks accepted, 73 offers, 26 acceptances
2009 - 151 interviews, 8 callbacks, 8 callbacks accepted, 3 offers, 3 acceptances (2 at Loeb & Loeb, 1 at McKinsey).

Study hard 1Ls, and get that SA position as a 2L, because it's nothing but tears after that.


To be fair, if there is one area that will bounce back a little more than others, it is 3L hiring. Of course there was no 3L hiring for Class of '10. Firms WAY over-hired the Class of '10 for Summer 2009, and had to pull all kinds of deferrals just to avoid no-offering even larger portions of their classes than they already did. Of course none of these firms that already hired too many SAs from Class of '10 during Summer 2009 are going to be looking for 3Ls.


a bit optimistic i'd say - extremely reliable ocs source i talked to said 3L hiring is likely not coming back any time soon

reverendt
Posts: 499
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:56 am

Re: 3L OCI/EIW is a myth (at least ITE) - CLS numbers

Postby reverendt » Wed May 19, 2010 7:38 pm

There was 3L OCI at my school last fall. It was certainly not mythical.

Bankhead
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:50 am

Re: 3L OCI/EIW is a myth (at least ITE) - CLS numbers

Postby Bankhead » Wed May 19, 2010 7:50 pm

We had one firm come at my T30. Not sure the results but the forecast does not look good.

Renzo
Posts: 4265
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:23 am

Re: 3L OCI/EIW is a myth (at least ITE) - CLS numbers

Postby Renzo » Wed May 19, 2010 7:52 pm

reverendt wrote:There was 3L OCI at my school last fall. It was certainly not mythical.

Illusory is a better descriptor than mythical. It exists, but it's just for show; no one is actually getting hired.

reverendt
Posts: 499
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:56 am

Re: 3L OCI/EIW is a myth (at least ITE) - CLS numbers

Postby reverendt » Wed May 19, 2010 8:16 pm

Renzo wrote:
reverendt wrote:There was 3L OCI at my school last fall. It was certainly not mythical.

Illusory is a better descriptor than mythical. It exists, but it's just for show; no one is actually getting hired.

Could be. I hope you're wrong (although I suspect you're not). I'll find out in a few months and report back to you all!

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8442
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: 3L OCI/EIW is a myth (at least ITE) - CLS numbers

Postby thesealocust » Wed May 19, 2010 9:32 pm

oops
Last edited by thesealocust on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RisingMichigan3L
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 8:21 am

Re: 3L OCI/EIW is a myth (at least ITE) - CLS numbers

Postby RisingMichigan3L » Wed May 19, 2010 11:42 pm

Since we're now blatantly cribbing from xoxo, might as well use their moniker for 3L OCI:


3L LOLCI.

twistedwrister
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:02 am

Re: 3L OCI/EIW is a myth (at least ITE) - CLS numbers

Postby twistedwrister » Thu May 20, 2010 8:07 am

reverendt wrote:There was 3L OCI at my school last fall. It was certainly not mythical.


One of the definitions of "myth" is "a fiction or half-truth." That seems about right to me, although I hope it's closer to a half-truth than it is to pure fiction (since I have a couple of friends who might be participating).




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.