look what was on the front page of Yahoo today:

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Anonymous User

Re: look what was on the front page of Yahoo today:

Postby Anonymous User » Fri May 07, 2010 5:46 pm

lol @ sending resumes to only 50 firms being considered 'Oh that's sufficient for finding a job, once I hit 50 I can stop looking'

pugalicious

Postby pugalicious » Fri May 07, 2010 5:48 pm

Wow. They didn't JUST glom on to the same story every other financial reporting service has already run, they ALSO ADDED A PUN!

Other than that, can we stop posting these repetitive articles over and over? OR, can someone make a "Discuss Law Employment HERE ONLY" thread?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri May 07, 2010 5:50 pm

the aba has to consider doing something to cut back the steady supply of lawyers. they should begin by unaccrediting some schools that have no business being accredited anyways. these schools only harm the industry and the ABA knows it.

LateNight

Postby LateNight » Fri May 07, 2010 11:49 pm

We must demand that the ABA do something. Charge exorbitant fees to become a member school, require minimum admission standards (this alone would cut out 40% of kids going to law school.).

I don't know if they are legal, but they are ideas.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat May 08, 2010 12:08 am

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Sat May 08, 2010 1:30 pm

pugalicious wrote:Wow. They didn't JUST glom on to the same story every other financial reporting service has already run, they ALSO ADDED A PUN!

Other than that, can we stop posting these repetitive articles over and over? OR, can someone make a "Discuss Law Employment HERE ONLY" thread?

Actually, we have a whole fucking section of the board for "discuss law employment here," and you're in it.

legalease9

Postby legalease9 » Sat May 08, 2010 1:46 pm

Renzo wrote:
pugalicious wrote:Wow. They didn't JUST glom on to the same story every other financial reporting service has already run, they ALSO ADDED A PUN!

Actually, we have a whole fucking section of the board for "discuss law employment here," and you're in it.

:lol:

Oh, and I feel particularly sorry for this guy.

Thomas Reddy, a second-year student at Brooklyn Law School, hasn't landed a summer internship yet after sending resumes to more than 50 law firms. He is taking on about $70,000 of debt each year of the three-year program to earn his degree, but said he may be fortunate to make $80,000 a year in a lawyer job after graduating. "That is less than what I was making before I went to law school," he said.

Return to “Legal Employment”