sabotage Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

sabotage

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 03, 2010 3:35 pm

given the competitive nature of law school/jobs, have you ever heard of sabotage in the OCI process (someone calling a firm and revealing unflattering information about other applicants) etc.? our law school at orientation warned us to not make any enemies because they have heard of this happening.

given how competitive the market is right now, i can definitely see this happening. has anyone heard of this happening and if it does happen, do you know how firms do/are likely to react???

wiseowl

Silver

Re: sabotage

Post by wiseowl » Mon May 03, 2010 3:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:given the competitive nature of law school/jobs, have you ever heard of sabotage in the OCI process (someone calling a firm and revealing unflattering information about other applicants) etc.? our law school at orientation warned us to not make any enemies because they have heard of this happening.

given how competitive the market is right now, i can definitely see this happening. has anyone heard of this happening and if it does happen, do you know how firms do/are likely to react???
there's a 3L at Harvard that might be able to shed some light on this right now

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 03, 2010 3:56 pm

hahaha yeah i thought of that... but i heard she still has her clerkship.

TheBigMediocre

Silver

Post by TheBigMediocre » Mon May 03, 2010 3:57 pm

wiseowl wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:given the competitive nature of law school/jobs, have you ever heard of sabotage in the OCI process (someone calling a firm and revealing unflattering information about other applicants) etc.? our law school at orientation warned us to not make any enemies because they have heard of this happening.

there's a 3L at Harvard that might be able to shed some light on this right now
Yea, that Yelena Shagall chick who sent that personal e-mail around to get back at the writer can probably be a good piece of evidence. Thankfully, the actual fallout for the original sender is mild and she's not losing her clerkship or anything.
Last edited by TheBigMediocre on Mon May 03, 2010 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gold

Post by 270910 » Mon May 03, 2010 4:06 pm

No. Doesn't happen.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 270910 » Mon May 03, 2010 4:06 pm

TheBigMediocre wrote:I want to start a race war!
Not again.

TheBigMediocre

Silver

Post by TheBigMediocre » Mon May 03, 2010 4:21 pm

disco_barred wrote:
Not again.
I wasn't the first to bring up the incident nor did I mention anything other then the name of the person who was responsible for disseminating a personal e-mail. If you haven't followed up on the rest of the story, apparently the entire fiasco got started because Girl A got pissed at Girl B, possibly over a guy, five months after Girl B sent Girl A that personal e-mail. So quit being cutesy, It's just an excellent example of sabotage that OP asked about.

Aeroplane

Bronze

Post by Aeroplane » Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm

No, I've never heard of this. I suppose I could see some bitter person anonymously emailing a link to something damaging, but I dunno how doing it via phone would work. "Hi BigLawRecruiter, I can't tell you my name, but I see OtherApplicant kicking puppies in the courtyard all the time. Kthxbai."

Kilpatrick

Silver

Post by Kilpatrick » Mon May 03, 2010 4:23 pm

Girl B is still a racist nut though.

Unemployed

Silver

Post by Unemployed » Mon May 03, 2010 4:25 pm

TheBigMediocre wrote:
disco_barred wrote:
Not again.
I wasn't the first to bring up the incident nor did I mention anything other then the name of the person who was responsible for disseminating a personal e-mail. If you haven't followed up on the rest of the story, apparently the entire fiasco got started because Girl A got pissed at Girl B, possibly over a guy, five months after Girl B sent Girl A that personal e-mail. So quit being cutesy, It's just an excellent example of sabotage that OP asked about.
Race war is over.

Why don't we start a public school vs. private school war? Yelena attended a real "TTT" for college and clearly lacks class. GO!

Edit: That was clearly a dud.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”