Judicial Internship Question Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
TTH

Diamond

Judicial Internship Question

Post by TTH » Sat May 01, 2010 11:48 pm

How valuable would a 1L summer internship with a Federal District Judge be if the judge was in a District where you will not be looking for jobs? I want to practice in Ohio, but I'm networked well enough elsewhere that I think I could land an internship with a District Judge after my 1L as long as my grades weren't terrible. Would an out-of-jurisdiction summer internship mean very little during OCI/cast doubts on my stated intent of wanting to practice in Ohio or would firms just see that I did an internship and move on? Thanks.

Gold

Re: Judicial Internship Question

Post by 270910 » Sun May 02, 2010 12:53 am

Eh. Smart, good, not immeasurably better than any other experience.

Nobody goes "Da-yum, wouldn't have gotten a job but for the rec/hook up/connections/resume item/training at my 1L judicial internship." They aren't bad, they are better than a lot of other opportunities, but they're definitely not super impressive or career launching.

TTH

Diamond

Re: Judicial Internship Question

Post by TTH » Sun May 02, 2010 10:16 am

disco_barred wrote:Eh. Smart, good, not immeasurably better than any other experience.

Nobody goes "Da-yum, wouldn't have gotten a job but for the rec/hook up/connections/resume item/training at my 1L judicial internship." They aren't bad, they are better than a lot of other opportunities, but they're definitely not super impressive or career launching.
That sounds right. I guess I was just curious if it was especially worth it to try to get something in Ohio or could I just rely on this and live easy next spring.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”