LSAT score on resume?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Sean Bateman

LSAT score on resume?

Postby Sean Bateman » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:30 am

I'm applying for an internship with my US Senator this summer, the summer before 1L.

Being proud of my LSAT score, I thought including it on a resume could help me land the internship. Is this a pretty common practice or will it just seem odd?

SAE

Re: LSAT score on resume?

Postby SAE » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:32 am

Sean Bateman wrote:I'm applying for an internship with my US Senator this summer, the summer before 1L.

Being proud of my LSAT score, I thought including it on a resume could help me land the internship. Is this a pretty common practice or will it just seem odd?

Unless you got an amazing score, great GPA, and still enrolled at a TTT, don't do it.

LawandOrder

Postby LawandOrder » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:33 am

DDDouchebag.

screenymcgee

Postby screenymcgee » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:33 am

lol. this forum never fails to disappoint.

jetlagz28

Postby jetlagz28 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:34 am

No.

Sean Bateman

Postby Sean Bateman » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:37 am

thanks guys.

John J. Rambo, Esq.

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:40 am

I would leave it off your resume. BUT if the person hiring you knows you have taken the LSAT, he/she may ask about your score. This has happened to me at a law firm. I don't think your question is ridiculous, OP.

Postby 270910 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:44 am

No. There are a few tiny exceptions, at places like investment banks or whatever that like to see test scores. The senate is not one of them; you should not put it on your resume. It will be a red mark.

Sean Bateman

Postby Sean Bateman » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:46 am

I didn't find it ridiculous either. I've seen GPA on resumes before, and I personally thought it wasn't a horrible idea. I thought I'd be safe coming to an open forum, where I thought one could ask questions they didn't know the answer to. After all, we can't all know everything. Apparently I was wrong. Apparently asking a question I didn't know the answer to makes me a douchebag.

rando

Postby rando » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:48 am

John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:I would leave it off your resume. BUT if the person hiring you knows you have taken the LSAT, he/she may ask about your score. This has happened to me at a law firm. I don't think your question is ridiculous, OP.

Not saying you are wrong, but I have been in dozens of hiring interviews and never once got a question about my LSAt.

To answer your question, I would not put your LSAT on your resume.

Sean Bateman

Postby Sean Bateman » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:52 am

rando wrote:
John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:I would leave it off your resume. BUT if the person hiring you knows you have taken the LSAT, he/she may ask about your score. This has happened to me at a law firm. I don't think your question is ridiculous, OP.

Not saying you are wrong, but I have been in dozens of hiring interviews and never once got a question about my LSAt.

To answer your question, I would not put your LSAT on your resume.

Yea, clearly it's not a good idea. Something I didn't know before my original post. I've seen enough responses to figure out I should not do this. I appreciate the genuine responses to an issue which I was uninformed on. I resent the prick who called me a douchebag for asking. that is all.

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:58 am

Sean Bateman wrote:I didn't find it ridiculous either. I've seen GPA on resumes before, and I personally thought it wasn't a horrible idea. I thought I'd be safe coming to an open forum, where I thought one could ask questions they didn't know the answer to. After all, we can't all know everything. Apparently I was wrong. Apparently asking a question I didn't know the answer to makes me a douchebag.

Welcome to tls. I guess you're new here.

I currently work for a member; I just asked the guy who does the interviews in our office about it, and he laughed. It probably won't make a difference either way, but interning in the office of a senator is not prestigious; it's grudgework man. They don't want somebody coming in thinking they're going to be getting special treatment because they're going to some fancy law school and did really well on a test.

HTH

AlasLavinia

Postby AlasLavinia » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:23 pm

I have only been asked for test scores by the government of a Middle Eastern country, and by a large banking firm. That is all. Also:
screenymcgee wrote:lol. this forum never fails to disappoint.

XxSpyKEx

Postby XxSpyKEx » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:38 pm

Sean Bateman wrote:LSAT score on resume?

The xoxo trolls are here. Everyone runs and hide!

Return to “Legal Employment”