USAO 1L Internships

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
bjmichel77

USAO 1L Internships

Postby bjmichel77 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:58 pm

To anyone that interviewed for a summer US Atty Office internship for the 1L summer, did you get a confirmed accept/reject notice, or do they just not call back the interviewees they don't hire? I interviewed with a AUSA in early March, and still have yet to hear back, even after a follow-up email and call to HR. Should I just assume it's a no go, or keep waiting on them?

Trying to get my study abroad dates set, and it would help to know if i had a job to work around...

Renzo

Re: USAO 1L Internships

Postby Renzo » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:57 am

I got rejections from all the offices I applied to, but the last one to get back to me was still almost a month ago (and they were apologetic that it took so long). I'd call or email and tell them why you need the dates firmed up, see if they can tell you anything.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:30 am

I got an email rejection about a month later.

annapavlova

Postby annapavlova » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:44 pm

I got an offer by email a little over 3 weeks after the interview. However, I am in a smaller city, so if you're a NY, DC, SF, LA person or something, it might take longer. It seems the offices each kind of have their own thing going on, so it might be hard to get a reliable consensus!

I would try to call again. Or maybe check around with other people in your school who may have/not heard something?

Good luck!

Return to “Legal Employment”