Kirkland & Ellis Chicago v. NYC v10 firms

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
nirvana

Kirkland & Ellis Chicago v. NYC v10 firms

Postby nirvana » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:01 pm

Can anyone describe how K&E would stack up?

UnitarySpace

Re: Kirkland & Ellis Chicago v. NYC v10 firms

Postby UnitarySpace » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:07 pm

It would be in a different stack.

TTT-LS

Postby TTT-LS » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:15 pm

Last edited by TTT-LS on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nirvana

Postby nirvana » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:33 pm

Sorry--I'm a 1L with no legal experience so I'm not sure whether I want to do corporate or litigation work.

I'm interested generally in the quality of both litigation and corporate work that you'd get at Kirkland & Ellis compared with that work in NYC. I've heard K&E has a great litigation practice, so I was wondering how its litigation practice would compare to NYC firms' litigation practices. I'm assuming its corporate practice doesn't compare favorably with NYC corporate practices, but I'm curious as to how much of an advantage the NYC firms have here.

I'd also be interested in hearing takes on firm culture--whether it's a more laid-back environment, how the hours compare, etc. Last, how difficult is getting a job there compared with getting a job at a v10 in NYC?

I know this is still vague but I guess that's where I am in terms of the research I've done so far.

thanks.

Olivio Pastimante

Postby Olivio Pastimante » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:35 pm

nirvana wrote:Sorry--I'm a 1L with no legal experience so I'm not sure whether I want to do corporate or litigation work.

I'm interested generally in the quality of both litigation and corporate work that you'd get at Kirkland & Ellis compared with that work in NYC. I've heard K&E has a great litigation practice, so I was wondering how its litigation practice would compare to NYC firms' litigation practices. I'm assuming its corporate practice doesn't compare favorably with NYC corporate practices, but I'm curious as to how much of an advantage the NYC firms have here.

I'd also be interested in hearing takes on firm culture--whether it's a more laid-back environment, how the hours compare, etc. Last, how difficult is getting a job there compared with getting a job at a v10 in NYC?

I know this is still vague but I guess that's where I am in terms of the research I've done so far.

thanks.

Why don't you just call somebody from that firm that graduated from your law school and ask?

TTT-LS

Postby TTT-LS » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:41 pm

Last edited by TTT-LS on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rayiner

Postby rayiner » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:10 pm

Kirkland has a top IP litigation practice so if that's something you're interested in it would be worth a look.

Olivio Pastimante

Postby Olivio Pastimante » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:16 pm

I did some research on this firm. Here are some of their better aspects:

--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--

Return to “Legal Employment”