Researching the Largest Law Firms in a Secondary Market

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
vexion

Researching the Largest Law Firms in a Secondary Market

Postby vexion » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:32 pm

I'm a 0L just dipping my toe into the legal employment pool. My current desire is to shoot for BigLaw for a couple of years, at least to pay off my student loans. Eventually, however, I have an eye towards returning to Kentucky.

How does one find out the largest law firms in a market like Kentucky, or the associate satisfaction levels there, or the starting salaries? Google for "largest law firm in Kentucky" returns a couple of firms proclaiming themselves the "largest", but what about the boutique firms too?

tldr; what are the best resources for researching and comparing all the firms in a market like Kentucky?

rando

Re: Researching the Largest Law Firms in a Secondary Market

Postby rando » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:36 pm

vexion wrote:I'm a 0L just dipping my toe into the legal employment pool. My current desire is to shoot for BigLaw for a couple of years, at least to pay off my student loans. Eventually, however, I have an eye towards returning to Kentucky.

How does one find out the largest law firms in a market like Kentucky, or the associate satisfaction levels there, or the starting salaries? Google for "largest law firm in Kentucky" returns a couple of firms proclaiming themselves the "largest", but what about the boutique firms too?

tldr; what are the best resources for researching and comparing all the firms in a market like Kentucky?

nalpdirectory.com
averyindex.com for satisfaction etc.

RVP11

Re: Researching the Largest Law Firms in a Secondary Market

Postby RVP11 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:36 pm

For finding salaries: http://www.nalpdirectory.com

This probably wouldn't be a bad buy (assuming it includes some KY firms) for finding out about associate satisfaction: http://www.amazon.com/Vault-Guide-South ... 1581313098

Also Avery Index.

Return to “Legal Employment”